• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

ECA : HELP

HATER

HATER

I been taking ephedrine/caffeine, but i decided to not take the aspirin. I have been having some problems though. I feel as though my legs get cramped up very fast.

Last year they got cramped up so bad, that they had me screaming, as my muscles locked up and i couldn't move my legs. I ended up calling the ambulance and was sent to the hospital for check ups. I also just used ephedrine/caffeine back then too.

My question is, was this caused because i didn't include aspirin in my stack? It can't be lack of water, because I always make sure to have about 4 or 5 L of water a day when i cut. So would you recommend that i include the aspirin in the stack, and that would prevent the cramping??

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ehh, how are your electrolytes?

HATER

HATER

i would assume good. The last blood work that i did showed that everything is where it should.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That might be an accurate assumption, but it depends on what you were eating and what supplements you were taking when you had your blood work done, and what you are eating and what supplements you were taking when cramping became an issue.

Caffeine, as I am sure u know, is a diuretic. I would hope that with the protein consumption, which i am assuming is high bc you are a bodybuilder and we tend to do that, you may be slightly dehydrated. Caffeine also increases carbohydrate metabolism by blocking an enzyme called cAMP phosphodiesterase enzyme. As a result cAMP is not converted into AMP. cAMP increases carbohydrate metabolism by activating protein kinase A, which activates phosphorylase enzyme, which converts glycogen into to glucose-6-phospate, which is converted into glucose + PO4 by phosphatase enzyme. This is in part why caffeine gives you energy.

Aspirin does chemistry also. Aspirin irreversibly inhibits an enzyme called cyclooxygenase. Cyclooxygenase is used to convert arachidonic acid into prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are, in some cases, released in response to inflammation and are responsible for vasodilation and vasoconstriction, platelet aggregation or disaggregation, and are responsible for a number of other reactions in the body. So what effect would aspirin have on blood flow? Depending on the specific prostaglandins inhibited it may help blood flow by preventing blood clotting, thus decreasing blood viscosity and increasing flow rate. I do not know your situation specifically, but it seems unlikely that your cramps are due to blood flow issues, especially since you work out. If it were me I would look at electrolytes and water consumption first. If you increase your metabolism you are increasing your requirements for nutrition also, and this includes water and electrolytes.

B

Bigdaddyg

H2O Streching before and after workout and potassium rich food. White willow bark can be used in place of asa. I had same issue with clen .Gatorade may also help.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont know how easily those are available but try ORS packs (Oral Rehydration Solution)... I've used it with Clen with awesome effect.