• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Help recover my Pump

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
hey guys i want your opinion on this matter : For a while now i haven't been able to feel a pump in any body part except for chest( I do have big boobies) during my workouts.. I know pump doesn't necessarelly mean you're growing but it is a nice feeling and I always had it when I did bis or tris for example and for months now I'm not able to reach it(allusion to orgasm). No my training hasn't changed that much, I even do more reps than before what should help with pump....

I'm thinking of buying something for pre workout... like a real pw product like nitrix, superpump or jack3d. Or should I buy simple Arginine wich is cheaper and does the trick?

what do you guys think?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IMHO you should change a little bit your workouts, I mean, when I hit legs (quads and hams), sometimes I do first quads and them hams, sometimes hams and then quads...

Change order of bodyparts and/or exercices, number of reps, etc, etc.

It should do the trick.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are several different avenues you can take. Supplements, change your workout, change your diet, and/or take a break. I did all of those combined and my pumps came back in a large way. The lack of pumps and staleness of my workouts were the reason for my break from the gym in the first place.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
IMHO you should change a little bit your workouts, I mean, when I hit legs (quads and hams), sometimes I do first quads and them hams, sometimes hams and then quads...

Change order of bodyparts and/or exercices, number of reps, etc, etc.

It should do the trick.

I do that- I don+t do the same workout twice, I change the order of the exercises rep schemes.

@Big4P: My diet is spot on bro, and I feel good while training no need to take time off... it's just that pump , skin tighness feeling that I stoped experiencing

fdelval

fdelval

Not very scientifically based but, to get pump on my shoulders, before doing dummbell flies i previously do like 50 reps without weight; slowly, squeezing and holding at the top, just like if it would be a serious exercice.

I tend to get some pump at 30th rep, but continue.
Rest like 20-30 seconds and go. Now, i have the pumped feeling during all my shoulder workout.

Obviously, the key idea behind this, is getting blood to your muscle. It will probably tire you for your main exercice as it happens to me, so i have to lower the weight. You could also feel tireness and exhaustion rather than pump, if you focus in fast, uncontrolled reps, but try focusing on slow, controlled reps, feeling the muscle. (Think in Kai, LOL!) but trying wont kill you.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^

i'll try that for sure fdeval thanks.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
are you eating sufficient calories ?? try to increase your carbs a bit,i ve noticed in my self that when i eat many carbs i get a better pump
if you want to buy a pre workout supplement..try superpump orange flavor..its the best out of those i have tried and tastes good(its not i ve tried many of them tho)i liked the superpump so i stick with that one

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of the pump sensation is TUT. Try using a controlled rep candence and increase the TUT. Also sets back to back with shorter breaks. Also have a look at your fitness, have you increased your fitness with your level of strength/size?

fdelval

fdelval

Hello Tim,

What is TUT?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Time Under Tension. Basically how long you are loading the muscles (etc) for during a set.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
A lot of the pump sensation is TUT. Try using a controlled rep candence and increase the TUT. Also sets back to back with shorter breaks. Also have a look at your fitness, have you increased your fitness with your level of strength/size?

thanks for your reply tim, yes i've incrrase my fitness, for a couple of months now i've deen doin cardio on the stair master for 20-15 min 3-4 times a week.

i'l work around my TUT, I've thought about decreasing rest time also.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Something that never fails to pump my forearms and biceps up is Kroc rows with a thick grip.

Cork

Cork

How are the pumps going for you these days?

JoaoT

JoaoT

I think i can confirm that actually he is getting good pumps.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I think i can confirm that actually he is getting good pumps.

yup I have had great sessions lately , like today pump on chest was awesome and bis was pretty good too.

I've ordered an NO product too but i'm still waiting to try it. (NO SHOX)

Cork

Cork

That's strange that you just kind of lost it randomly like that. You think maybe your routine was just getting stale and you were bored? I find when I don't really feel like training, I don't get pumped.

Also with regards to NO, most of those supps don't do what they say they are supposed to. Preworkout supps should be used for energy more than relying on them to give you a pump. Don't quote me on this, I can't recall which chemical it is, but what's in there is supposed to increase NO in the blood stream and therefor vasodilate. Using NO in such a manner is ineffective. You need to take subq injections of the stuff in high dosage for it to be effective. NO products give great energy, but a lot of the effects are placebo. If it still works for you, that's great. But i wouldn't rely on them. You can get a lot out of just caffiene and DMAA.

A

Aiden

thanks u guys i was looking for how to recover my pumps some suggestion are pretty cool i will try thanks for sharing such a precious knowledge.........

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
How are ure pumps going Natzo?

Here's what i do. I drink lots of water, Have complex carbs preworkout. During my workout i do my basic compound movements and dont worry about the pump, as long as i get some tried and true mass gaining excercises in. After that i do concentration excercises with sets ranging from 12-20 reps stretching and flexing inbetween sets, that gives me a massive pump, i do this solely to acheive a crazy pump not only for the cool feeling but also for unproven benefits (if any) that come from getting pumped. Best of both worlds, compound lifting and muscle volumizing.