• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How many shakes a day?

ClydeSmith

ClydeSmith

Just out if pure curiosity how many protein shakes a day do you drink?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
On training days and including post workout - I drink 3 shakes a day. (5 scoops /day)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 or 3 scoops a day (off day/training day)

S

SlowJoe

On Strength training days i have 3, On other i have 1.

I get 285 g on cardio days, 287 g on rest days and 326 g on days i strength train.

You guys should also mention how high your protein intake is, If you're solely talking about protein shakes.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
zero for me..solid food only protein shakes are close to worthless

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You could say "real food" lasts longer in your bloodstream, but "shakes are wortless"? Come on...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
zero for me..solid food only protein shakes are close to worthless

shakes are supplements, there is no way I could ingest that much protein without them. (300gr + )

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how much do weight ?? you dont need to ingest that much protein,half of it goes to waste,you can grow with less than 300 grams..
the only difference i see when i drink shakes is that i look watery and it raises my triglycerides ..supplements are way to expensive in europe.if i lived in the usa i would consider using them

we have cheap and easy to find gear tho :spy:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
how much do weight ?? you dont need to ingest that much protein,half of it goes to waste,you can grow with less than 300 grams..
the only difference i see when i drink shakes is that i look watery and it raises my triglycerides ..supplements are way to expensive in europe.if i lived in the usa i would consider using them

we have cheap and easy to find gear tho :spy:

lol mvsf1 did the math, I didn't even knew I was eating that much, I just ate what I found reasonable to me. I'm 88kg right now, shooting for 90 at the end of the year.

I live in europe and you can find cheap supplements here, if you know where to buy and dont fall into branding hype.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol mvsf1 did the math, I didn't even knew I was eating that much, I just ate what I found reasonable to me. I'm 88kg right now, shooting for 90 at the end of the year.

I live in europe and you can find cheap supplements here, if you know where to buy and dont fall into branding hype.

Yeah, the math is correct, believe me. You are eating 5000kcal per day, LOL. Anyway, I don't think whey would make you watery, that's the first time I heard it. I'm eating 200-220 grams of protein a day, and I wouldn't do it if I must take another 300 grams os chicken breast instead 2 and a halpf scoops of whey. And whey is cheaper...

YES, ain't nothing like good ol' eggs/chicken/tuna (I eat them everyday) but don't you get tired of eating? I mean, you can have a shake in 60 seconds, I don't think you could have 2 cans of tuna in that time...

Apples and oranges...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
88 kg is good for someone at your age and you're quite lean also..good for you..how many meals you eat per day? 5 meals with a good amount of protein on each of them will be enough for you to grow and it would be more healthy + i promise that you will look leaner and dryer if you give up the shakes..i used to drink shakes for many years until i found out i look better(not bigger) without them

i understand what you say about cheap supplements.im sure not getting any muscletech ;) thing is that a 5 pound optimum nutrition protein costs 60 euros here while on the other hand a 10 week supply of pharmaceutical grade testosterone costs 50 eyros.so i prefer to do a cycle once in a year instead of protein shakes and creatines...you re still young and you should stay away from gear for now but in the future if you will be temped like i did.as to if you are going to take it..is your choice :)

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, the math is correct, believe me. You are eating 5000kcal per day, LOL. Anyway, I don't think whey would make you watery, that's the first time I heard it. I'm eating 200-220 grams of protein a day, and I wouldn't do it if I must take another 300 grams os chicken breast instead 2 and a halpf scoops of whey. And whey is cheaper...

YES, ain't nothing like good ol' eggs/chicken/tuna (I eat them everyday) but don't you get tired of eating? I mean, you can have a shake in 60 seconds, I don't think you could have 2 cans of tuna in that time...

Apples and oranges...

is not the same mate..solid food is what makes muscles grow.shakes have very little space in someones daily nutrition.basically only after training any other time of the day you just pee it..and yes they make you hold water that why most pros dont drink them close to contest

i doubt if they even bother at all with supplements with so much gear they take

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
88 kg is good for someone at your age and you're quite lean also..good for you..how many meals you eat per day? 5 meals with a good amount of protein on each of them will be enough for you to grow and it would be more healthy + i promise that you will look leaner and dryer if you give up the shakes..i used to drink shakes for many years until i found out i look better(not bigger) without them

i understand what you say about cheap supplements.im sure not getting any muscletech ;) thing is that a 5 pound optimum nutrition protein costs 60 euros here while on the other hand a 10 week supply of pharmaceutical grade testosterone costs 50 eyros.so i prefer to do a cycle once in a year instead of protein shakes and creatines...you re still young and you should stay away from gear for now but in the future if you will be temped like i did.as to if you are going to take it..is your choice :)

yeah bro I see what you mean, and I agree with you, if you looked into my profile pic that was taken at 82-83 kg at the start of the year, but i'm a bit bigger now and still lean enough so I guess I gained a bit muscle. I eat 6 meals a day + post workout (shake), meal number 6 is a shake also (before bed).

Please alex can you give us an insight about the cycles you run , and what you use?

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^one person with normal genetics puts on 1-2 kilograms of muscle per year..anything else is water or fat.i checked your pics and you re on track..keep it up
i ve done three novice cycles.each on on spring seasson
1st test propionate and winstrol.....
2nd test cypionate with equipose
3rd test enanthate

Last edited:
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Forgive me, but you look nothing like someone who has done gear, especially 3 cycles. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm 20 y/o, natty, done 4 shows and look bigger than you. There's something clearly wrong with your nutrition or training.

On topic:
I usually drink 1 protein shake, 1-2 BCAA/glutamine shakes and one pre-wokrout shake on training day. On off days, or on days when I do cardio only, I try to avoid protein shakes and might drink a BCAA shake. Solid food is way better for your digestive system.

Last edited by a moderator:
COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The amount would not be a worrying factor but how much you assimilate?
It is always best to use them alternately with solid food!
And assimilate and synthesize all the intakes of the day!

Otherwise
Also if you use some simple combinations as Whey
And sometimes combined with more than 4 or 5 proteins
would be great for times like when you work or sleep!
Of course these last well (low-carb!)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
2 on training days. One is always @ breakfast cus I can't eat anything as soon as I woke up, and the other one after training. On off days I have only the morning shake.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Forgive me, but you look nothing like someone who has done gear, especially 3 cycles. I'm not trying to be a dick, but I'm 20 y/o, natty, done 4 shows and look bigger than you. There's something clearly wrong with your nutrition or training.

On topic:
I usually drink 1 protein shake, 1-2 BCAA/glutamine shakes and one pre-wokrout shake on training day. On off days, or on days when I do cardio only, I try to avoid protein shakes and might drink a BCAA shake. Solid food is way better for your digestive system.

i dont have 3 cycles when the pics where taken..i havent even finished the first one (back pic was taken before i use any gear)
im not a bodybuilder so i dont care about getting big,i want to have an athletic body and look good.im doing pretty well in that department
i use gear because i like the effects it has..i feel stronger i dont get tired or shore,it boosts my confidence and it makes my d,ick hard 24/7

my first cycle was like this :
week 1-4 100 mg test eod
week 4-8 100 mg test eod and 50 mg winstrol ed
thats about as low as you can go on dosing,started the cycle at 70 kg and when it finished i was 75..gained 5 kilograms in 8 weeks.. i was more defined and far more vascular..
so what do you think will happen with less than a half gram of test per week?you will turn on hulk or something?

Cork

Cork

I agree whole food is better, but you just can't say shakes are worthless. And protein should be higher if carbs are low. You have to get the calories in somehow. I'm not really trying to argue, I'm here to always learn more... but when you say you piss most of it out, I doubt that. Are there any articles or anything that go along with that?

That being said, I drink up to 3 shakes a day on training days when I don't feel like eating whole food. Plus, at work, a shake is much easier to get in than another meal.