• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Layne Norton approach on meal freaquencie and protein amonut per meal

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
here is a very interesting article by Layne: what's your opinion?

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/protein_size_&_frequency.pdf

so he basically says that 4-6 large meals on protein per day spaced by 4-5 hours are better for protein sinthesis than the tradicional 6-8 small meals spaced by 2.5- 3 hours.

The reason why is to obtain an optimum level of amino acid Leucine necessary to produce optimal level of protein synthesis in the muscle.
let's say chicken breasts - to reach that quantity of Leucine (3-5gr) you need 43 gr of protein coming from that source that means 200gr of chicen breast in one meal. If you're eating only 100gr you're only getting 21 gr and that's not enough to reach optimal amounts. i'm not saying you're wasting it, but it's just not optimal.

And then comes the supplementation with Leucine and carbs (20-30gr) 2 hours after the first big meal - that will prolong the optimal levels of prothein synthesis throughout the digestion process (3 hours) insted of coming to basal levels after 90 mins wich normally occurs.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i dont wanna get too big though, i just wanna tone up.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly, I have found the approach he recommends to be much better. It is just a more realistic way of eating for the long run any who. Plus the old myth of the more frequent you eat, the faster your metabolism is has pretty much been determined garbage.