• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

AWESOME! - NEW MR.O QUALIFYING STANDARTS!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Last night a meeting of promoters, officials, and judges met to vote on important policy changes in bodybuilding, fitness, figure, and bikini. As a result of that meeting there will be a huge shake-up in the bodybuilding world. As of next year only the winners of pro shows will qualify to compete in the Olympia. That includes all divisions, and the only exceptions to this new rule are the Olympia and the Arnold Classic, in which the top three qualify. When I heard this, I figured that if the winner had already qualified in a previous contest the second place contestant must then qualify, right? Wrong. Only the winner qualifies, and if the winner already is, no one will be invited to the Olympia.

I think this is awesome, first because the shows will be more important and will have better athletes.
Second because it will separate the waters. only the best will be at the O no more Mishin, no more Rob P....Only the very best!

remember that before only the mister Universe winners were allowed to go to the O.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ It might be a wise choice, but I don't give a f.uck about Mishins nowadays, I really don't mind if they show up or not.

oldez

oldez

What a great improvement. Now we will see more top guys in smaller shows. There is no point of having 30 bodybuilders in the Olympia. It makes the show too long. Too many comparisons and so forth. It's impossible to put 30 guys on stage and put them in order. Judges will always spend more time figuring out the winner and less time on the rest. That is why we sometimes see unjust rulings. When there are less competitors the judges will have an easier time to judge all of the athletes compared to each other. Not only will this make mr Olympia more prestigious it will make smaller shows more important as well. Maybe we will see more shows in the future.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats a smart move and IFBB needs some smart moves for sure!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Too many pros now, and def for good compeition

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I hope this also means the judges will spend more time giving the BEST bodybuilders wins in smaller shows.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ Ofcourse im just saying sometimes judges punish people who are not at their best even if they still deserved to win.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I'm sure many of you have heard through the grapevine that there are going to be changes regarding the qualifying spots for the Olympia. Some of what you are hearing is untrue...here is the basic information that was voted on that will affect ALL IFBB ATHLETES AND ALL DIVISIONS.

# (1) QUALIFYING SPOTS FOR THE OLYMPIA

Olympia - (4) Top three places qualify for the next Olympia.
Arnold - (3) Top three places qualify for the Olympia.
New York Pro - (2) Top two places qualify for the Olympia.

All Other Shows - (1) First place ONLY qualifies for the Olympia.

The goal is to only have around 12 or so competitors on stage for each division. If the desired number is not met due to the lack of shows for competitors to compete in, then a committee will issue a special invitation to the next most qualified competitor(s) to increase the number. (The number of times an athlete has competed at other shows and placed 2nd or 3rd will be weighed heavily)

REASONS FOR THE CHANGE:

1. So that the best 12 or so competitors in the world are standing on the Olympia stage.

2. So that all shows, other than the Arnold and the Olympia have a chance to get more of the top competitors in their line up. We are losing shows every year due to the lack of ticket sales and attendance.

3. Financial...The Olympia has been affected tremendously from so many competitors qualifying and the spiraling costs of paying for all these athletes takes its toll on the budget. It also has taken away some of the prestige of the having the best 12 or so competitors on the Olympia stage.

# (2) ATHLETE CONTRACT

Four (4) weeks out from any given show, the athlete must have their contract signed or they will pay a $200 fine that goes to the promoter and is not negotiable.

REASON FOR CHANGE:
1. This will allow the promoter to use the list of athletes competing for advertising and publicity purposes.

# (3) SHOW FINALS PARTICIPATION

There will be a $1,000 Fine paid to the promoter for any competitor who does not show up for the Finals.
The athlete will not be allowed to compete again at any show until the fine is paid.

REASON FOR CHANGE:

1. Not only is this poor sportsmanship, usually because the competitor didn't like the way the prejudging went, but in some cases it takes away the chances of another competitor getting to pose, and inconveniences the expediting of the event.

I hope this helps clarify the decisions that have been made, and I encourage each of you to check the official IFBB web site for complete details and information for the coming year of competitions.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Sounds promising!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
sounds good. no more Eugine mishin making an oily mess on the olympia stage, its dangerous and slippery.