Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Flex's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Bodybuilding Myths

These are common myths you hear from bodybuilders or even "top gurus" in the industry. I'll add more when I can think of them. If you think I am wrong on any of them, please feel free to explain.

Fish thins the skin. MYTH!
    Dairy foods thicken the skin and stall fat loss. MYTH!
    Sugars from fruit(fructose) are just as bad as regular sugar(sucrose). MYTH!
    Isolation exercises shape the muscle better. MYTH!
    Some IFBB bodybuilders use less than 600mg AAS per week. MYTH!
    Rice cakes and jelly on top is the best thing to eat before going on stage. MYTH!
    Removing whey protein shakes from your diet is great for fat loss. MYTH!
    Caffeine pre-workout is bad. MYTH! (you're a moron Hany Rambod)
    It's a good idea to switch to distilled water leading up to a show. MYTH!
    Preparation H draws water from the body. MYTH!
    Fats are the most filling macronutrient. MYTH!

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Bodybuilding Myths

Fish thins the skin. MYTH!
    Dairy foods thicken the skin and stall fat loss. MYTH!
    Sugars from fruit(fructose) are just as bad as regular sugar(sucrose). MYTH!
    Isolation exercises shape the muscle better. MYTH!
    Some IFBB bodybuilders use less than 600mg AAS per week. MYTH!
    Rice cakes and jelly on top is the best thing to eat before going on stage. MYTH!
    Removing whey protein shakes from your diet is great for fat loss. MYTH!

Caffeine pre-workout is bad. MYTH! (you're a moron Hany Rambod) Needs Clarification!
    If you are drinking creatine+protein shakes during and immediately after your workouts then Caffien will reduce its obsorption... if you are not and you take caffien purely for its thermogenic/stimulant properties then it will do you only good!

It's a good idea to switch to distilled water leading up to a show. MYTH!

Preparation H draws water from the body. True
    acters/models have been using it for "spot reduction", heck by his own admission even Jay Culter does it
    !

Fats are the most filling macronutrient. True!
    Fat has twice the amount of Kilo Calorie per gram... so I believe that is true and not a myth!

Last edited by pakiman; 09-30-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Mecca Super-***** bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation dilatedmuscle's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

High reps for more definition- MYTH

Well i guess it could be true if your reps are really fast and thats your source of cardio lol

"Yeah I grunt when I get my swole at the gym. So everyone can see how jacked and tan I am." -Brucie Kibbutz

NewKaiSig 2

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation oldez's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by pakiman View Post
    acters/models have been using it for "spot reduction", heck by his own admission even Jay Culter does it
    !
    Preparation H does not draw water from the body. It constricts blood vessels. That means there is less blood circulation in that area of the body.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by oldez View Post
    Preparation H does not draw water from the body. It constricts blood vessels. That means there is less blood circulation in that area of the body.
    Yes thats what it was meant and made for (which it does too) but we are talking about a "side-affect" of prep-H that BBers and Models/Actors try to take advantage of!

Last edited by pakiman; 10-01-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

!

Fats are the most filling macronutrient. True!
    Fat has twice the amount of Kilo Calorie per gram... so I believe that is true and not a myth!
    Flex was right actually. He has a habit of being right about most things BBing.

A vasoconstrictor will cut blood flow to an area. Water can't be transported through the body as easily. So Prep H wouldn't work, just due to mode of action.
    Phenylephrine

Fats aren't more filling. Just because they have more calories per gram has nothing to do with "filling". The satiety index shows that protein is far more filling, fats don't send anywere near the same signals to the brain.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7498104
    http://www.glycemic-index.org/satiety-index.html

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    Flex was right actually. He has a habit of being right about most things BBing.

A vasoconstrictor will cut blood flow to an area. Water can't be transported through the body as easily. So Prep H wouldn't work, just due to mode of action.
    Phenylephrine

I understood the second part of your reply but didnt get the one about Prepration H!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by dilatedmuscle View Post
    High reps for more definition- MYTH

Well i guess it could be true if your reps are really fast and thats your source of cardio lol
    This is me MYTH I mostly hate. Do you want to get ripped? Train a little less harder (you don't want to get injured), eat a little less. End of story.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I understood the second part of your reply but didnt get the one about Prepration H!
    How much you want to bet that Jay Cutler used to use it for shows, but no longer does? If he does, then he's getting bad advice. Regardless of what people seem to believe, just because an IFBB pro does something, doesn't mean it's right. In fact, a lot of IFBB pros do some really dumb ass ****. They became an IFBB pro because of their genetics and because they respond well to steroids, not because of their knowledge.

Preparation H used to contain an ingedient that did in fact possibly draw out water (can't remember what the ingredient was called), but they took this ingredient out many years ago. So, you could argue that it may have worked in the past, but you can't argue that it still works. So, it is a MYTH.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Caffeine pre-workout is bad. MYTH! (you're a moron Hany Rambod) [COLOR="red"]Needs Clarification!
    If you are drinking creatine+protein shakes during and immediately after your workouts then Caffien will reduce its obsorption... if you are not and you take caffien purely for its thermogenic/stimulant properties then [U]it will do you only good!
    How many people really drink protein and creatine during their workout? Not very many at all. Although what you said is right, you're really going to give up better workouts, more energy, more reps, more stamina, more fat loss during workouts (all of this has been proven), for a small reduction is absorbtion? Not worth it IMO. This is why Hany's caffeine-free pre-workout drink will always be a FAIL.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    How much you want to bet that Jay Cutler used to use it for shows, but no longer does? If he does, then he's getting bad advice. Regardless of what people seem to believe, just because an IFBB pro does something, doesn't mean it's right. In fact, a lot of IFBB pros do some really dumb ass ****. They became an IFBB pro because of their genetics and because they respond well to steroids, not because of their knowledge.

Preparation H used to contain an ingedient that did in fact possibly draw out water (can't remember what the ingredient was called), but they took this ingredient out many years ago. So, you could argue that it may have worked in the past, but you can't argue that it still works. So, it is a MYTH.
    Sine Ive never used Preperation H my knowledge about it is only going to come from what I hear from others and to that extent I tend towards agreeing to its affectiveness... but I'm not going to continue insisting on it after this post which mainly is meant to point out how I know Jay used it... there are two videos that he talk about it, off top of my head I can only remember one to be referenced here... its the one in which he is checking out Jose Raymond condition for some show and tells him that he (Jay) uses Preperation H and raps a cloth (or something) around his waistline! I cant exactly remember the 2nd one but I know I've heard Jay admit he uses it a couple of times... but I do get your point about Pros being Pros owing for the greater part of it to their superior genes... but this is not some average Pro who rambles BS all the times. There are Pros who vomit BS whenever they open their mouth but its a fact that there have been (e.g. Lebrada, Rich Gaspari, Milos) and still are Pro BBers who do study/learn all maters BBing and (I would think) know at least as much as Bodybuilding Forum/BBS Mutual-Adulation Groups of Self-Proclaimed Gurus... and I think Jay is one of those Pros!

Last edited by pakiman; 10-01-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sine Ive never used Preperation H my knowledge about it is only going to come from what I hear from others and to that extent I tend towards agreeing to its affectiveness... but I'm not going to continue insisting on it after this post which mainly is meant to point out how I know Jay used it... there are two videos that he talk about it, off top of my head I can only remember one to be referenced here... its the one in which he is checking out Jose Raymond condition for some show and tells him that he (Jay) uses Preperation H and raps a cloth (or something) around his waistline! I cant exactly remember the 2nd one but I know I've heard Jay admit he uses it a couple of times... but I do get your point about Pros being Pros owing for the greater part of it to their superior genes... but this is not some average Pro who rambles BS all the times. There are Pros who vomit BS whenever they open their mouth but its a fact that there have been (e.g. Lebrada, Rich Gaspari, Milos) and still are Pro BBers who do study/learn all maters BBing and (I would think) know at least as much as Bodybuilding Forum/BBS Mutual-Adulation Groups of Self-Proclaimed Gurus... and I think Jay is one of those Pros!
    Jay also used to say all the time that he drank pepsi postworkout too. Do you believe that?

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Jay also wears a magic wristband that magically makes him better. Apparently it destresses water molecule through the power of holograms or some other bull****.

Mecca Super-***** bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation dilatedmuscle's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Jay also said "its Miller Time" after he became mister olympia. Do you beleive he drinks miller light? If i couldnt drink beer for 12 weeks i wouldnt settle for a ****ty miller. lol jk

LMAO about the wrist band. When i see people wearing them around or at the gym i think "you poor idiot".

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    Jay also wears a magic wristband that magically makes him better. Apparently it destresses water molecule through the power of holograms or some other bull****.
    Yeah that is BS and FST-7 too (because theres nothing in FST-7 that we did not already know... FST-7 is like "Weider's Bobdyduilding Principles" how those bacame "Weider's" is beyond me)... Jay gets paid by those wrist band people & judging by how Jay pushes FST-7 I am sure (even though they never came out publicly and declared it) he gets a cut from Hanny! I'm sure he knows both of those are useless items in one or the other way.

My point wasnt that Jay doesnt lie and we should take his words as Gospal or something... he lies just like we all do (He got those PSed photos on his website and the recent ones before O)... but he does not "push" Prep H and mentioned it as off the cuff remark both the times I heard it... so he is not trying to make money off of Prep H and hence may be he actually uses it because he believes in its effecacy. I cited Jay on it because I am one of those people who think Prep H should work... if you & Flex dont then thats ok with me! We dont HAVE TO settle this before we die!

Last edited by pakiman; 10-03-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thats it, duel to the death!

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Cork's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I tried the Prep H and saran wrap thing overnight. Didn't do ****. I looked the exact same. All it did was turn my Pro Tan to some nasty yellow hue.

Flex, you seem like a great person to ask, can you clarify whether lactose is a terrible sugar that should be avoided at all cost or if that is just a myth. If you ask me, it seems like lactose is a fine sugar to consume, provided you aren't intolerant, but so many BBers swear off milk every chance they get.

Nutrition Rep
    The best place to buy supps online.

Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Cork View Post
    I tried the Prep H and saran wrap thing overnight. Didn't do ****. I looked the exact same. All it did was turn my Pro Tan to some nasty yellow hue.

Flex, you seem like a great person to ask, can you clarify whether lactose is a terrible sugar that should be avoided at all cost or if that is just a myth. If you ask me, it seems like lactose is a fine sugar to consume, provided you aren't intolerant, but so many BBers swear off milk every chance they get.
    I think milk is an awsome sourc eof protein, just dont take it close to bed beacuse it has a high insulin index

sigpic74948 1

Natzo's LOG - Check my workouts!ASC 09 Top 5 pick Champion'10 MM fantasy Football league Champion

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions