Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

re: Tell us your MuscleMecca improvement Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider
    Forum runner
    Any chance of getting the site on the forum runner app for iPad?
    Cross post from KR. Not a bad idea to have our site available on smart phones, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkAdmin
    Re: Post your MuscleMecca improvement Ideas

Man...why do I bother??

When I came back to this site it was hacked and falling apart. There were database errors and there was barely anyone here. I don't know if it was 2 years ago but it sounds to me like you are basically saying everything I have done over the past 2 years has been a waste. If that is what you think than fine but this thread is to talk about things that can make the site better and not what you liked before..

Some people like features, some people don't. It is impossible to make everyone happy. Some people are never going to be happy no matter what is done.
    You've certainly done a lot to improve things. I remember that most mods were continuously deleting spambots, I deleted 60 accounts in one day at one stage. Tech actually turned off new memberships to stem the tide for a while.

I agree with the point on active members being Mods and VIPs. Most of the Mods are busy these days with the next stage in life, only checking in occasionally. We do need to promote newer guys and keep the cycle of life going on the forum.

Main thing I have noticed is that on some platforms this site loads very slowly. I don't know why that is, but I know a lot of people are having that problem. I have no problem at home or on mobile broadband, but at work broadband just doesn't like loading. Posting is quite often impossible.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation knight_rider's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeah i stopped posting 2 years ago and coming back its aweful quiet. Like any forum but you need members to actively particpipate in conversations. Mods need to have mixed bag of questions and little gimmicks to keep people chatting and arguing. I use to love fighting over high volume vs low volume etc. It gets heated but everybody gets in and has a say.

I would love to see you interview members about their training instead of pro's. i don't want some juice junky telling me about their 20 set bicep routine which i can't recover from!

Post controvesial articles to stir the mob

Mecca use to be my favourite place to visit once upon a time. I have been on hiatus, all my fault, but i'm back and keen as **** to charge the forum, its gotta be a member driven effort. The features on the site are fine!

TalkAdmin/MuscleMecca bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TalkAdmin's Avatar
    Weight
    175lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

My bad and I am sorry. I get a bit stressed out and take things too seriously. lol Its all good..

Thanks so much for all of the great ideas. I really want to try to make you guys happy with the new site.

BTW - as some of you know, we have upgraded to a dedicated server and then we actually upgraded to a better dedicated server but the good news is that in January I plan on upgrading again to an even better dedicated server and at that point the site should have no slow downs at all. Part of the reason for the new site build is also to lean things out and make things much faster.

Thanks again... This is really going to be a big help to doing this..

Rich

TalkAdmin/MuscleMecca bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation TalkAdmin's Avatar
    Weight
    175lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

These will be awesome! I have already started the planning on this..

Weight
    175lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by knight_rider View Post
    Yeah i stopped posting 2 years ago and coming back its aweful quiet. Like any forum but you need members to actively particpipate in conversations. Mods need to have mixed bag of questions and little gimmicks to keep people chatting and arguing. I use to love fighting over high volume vs low volume etc. It gets heated but everybody gets in and has a say.

I would love to see you interview members about their training instead of pro's. i don't want some juice junky telling me about their 20 set bicep routine which i can't recover from!

Post controvesial articles to stir the mob

Mecca use to be my favourite place to visit once upon a time. I have been on hiatus, all my fault, but i'm back and keen as **** to charge the forum, its gotta be a member driven effort. The features on the site are fine!
    I agree with you..
    Thanks for this. Great idea and glad to have you back!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by dilatedmuscle View Post
    @ Coach, you contribute a lot to the site, i used to be a lot more active on other sites and i know its a lot of work to get all the news and make presentable threads on here. THANKS COACH!
    Yeah... I propose we make it mandatory for every one to come here thank Coach at least once a day every day
    Thanks Coach!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation COACH's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by pakiman View Post
    Yeah... I propose we make it mandatory for every one to come here thank Coach at least once a day every day
    Thanks Coach!
    ...@ Thank you very much guys!!!

Mecca Super-***** bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation dilatedmuscle's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If it wasnt for COACH, tkD, and Natzo, mecca wouldve had barely any updates. I say we all pitch in to send them prostitutes as a thank you.

"Yeah I grunt when I get my swole at the gym. So everyone can see how jacked and tan I am." -Brucie Kibbutz

NewKaiSig 2

Weight
    175lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks guys,

Yeah, there are some issues with certain browsers such as Internet Exporer. The site works best on Firefox but this will be fixed. In addition during peak traffic or when soime certain cron tasks are running the site can bog down a bit. I will be upgrading to another server early next year which will have a quad core and it should solce all the issues with the site slowing down.

I appreciate all the help and I agree we need more moderators. I have written script to help with the spam and I have added mods as well but still ity is true we need more moderators to help. Once the new site is up or when we are just about up I will talk to Robert about getting more moderators.

I would also like to give out some prizes and have some contests once the new site is up.

Keep the ideas coming!! Thank you so much!!!

Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by dilatedmuscle View Post
    If it wasnt for COACH, tkD, and Natzo, mecca wouldve had barely any updates. I say we all pitch in to send them prostitutes as a thank you.
    where do I send my adress?

sigpic74948 1

Natzo's LOG - Check my workouts!ASC 09 Top 5 pick Champion'10 MM fantasy Football league Champion

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation oldez's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

You should enable level 1 gzip-compression for faster loading times and less bandwidth use.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation COACH's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thumbs up re: Tell us your MuscleMecca improvement Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Natzo View Post
    where do I send my adress?
    ..lol ..x2 Im in the same Bus! ..I need a girl as "Jenaveve" here!

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Cork's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Thanks Coach!!

I was on another forum and they had a twitter like notification setup. You could say something in a post like "Hey these updates suck, @COACH." and it would send him a notification that someone mentioned him with a link to the thread. I think that's a cool idea. It could bring attention to certain threads where members know that other members have an interest in or there is a question posed directly to them.

Nutrition Rep
    The best place to buy supps online.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Hey TalkAdm friend..
    Let VIP members can openly post in the VIP area, again!
    Because the threads sometimes go more than 3-4 days and are not published yet!
    In advance, Thank you for understanding!
    hug

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Amen, gzip compression FTW!

Weight
    175lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

The server has gzip, most do.

As for the VIP forum, these threads are not moderated so I do not why they would not be posted immediately. I will look into it though.

Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

quick reply doesnt work!!!

Weight
    175lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

What do you mean?? I am posting this in quick reply right now..no problem. What is happening when you use quick reply? What browser are you using?

I just added my text and now I click the Post Quick Reply button...works fine for me.. You are telling me you have to click on the Go advanced tab??

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions