• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tell us your MuscleMecca improvement Ideas

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Hey Mecca heads!

As promised, here is the thread where you musclemecca members can share ideas for the new site, volunteer to help with graphics, coding, moderating, etc.

I would really like to make the new site really cool but I would also like it to be a place where you guys can get information, schedules, media, etc.

So lets have it! What colors do you like? What features do you want? Are there any new forums you would like added? This is your chance to really help shape the future of MuscleMecca. I am going all out on this.

I really hope you guys will help me come up with ideas.

Thanks,
Rich
TalkAdmin

fdelval

fdelval

MM was good enough as it was 2 years ago...

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
we really need new active mods. more than anything.

a better placed media section.
a powerlifting/strongman section

black colour is mecca iconic so no need to change that...
new logo would be good contact member dilatedmuscle for that he suggested this change in the first place.

bring back the VIP vote-ins - that really encourages new members to post

bring back the bodybuilders teams.

ps: if I remember more i'll add.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do the Opera and give all the members new cars :biggrin:
Ok, seriously if you could afford to then have a couple of guys on permanent basis cover contests on your (MM) own, do interviews etc... like Plumbo does! I know its expensive but thats the only thing (for lack of better word) lacking about MM

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
MM was good enough as it was 2 years ago...
No offense dude but answers like that do not help anything. The site was hacked 3 times and the scri[pt needed to be upgraded for security purposes. In addition we had no shoutbox then and many other features that other members enjoy. The purpose of this thread is to make the site better...Besides, we are not looking for "good enough"..

Natzo--Thanks

The site will have 2 styles..one dark and one light. A couple people seem to not like the dark so we will have options.

The vote ins, etc..all good ideas and they will be incorporated into the new site.. Thanks

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
New cars--yup..doing that.. everyone will get a brand new car. lol

Interviews, etc..man I have been wanting to do that for years..

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
...Totally agree with Natzo ..also some

Others that would be helpful ...would be:
Extending the maximum number of photos per post
Today is the maximum at 6 .. can be up to 10?

TalkAdm Thanks very much once again 4 all Your great work bro!!!!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
As natzo said, i proposed making a new logo.

I also worked on bodybuilder team labels a while back but never shared... here is an example of which i can incorporate the name of any bodybuilder someone wants to be in a team of.

Attachments

• Team Icons.jpg
    Team Icons.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 128
fdelval

fdelval

No offense dude but answers like that do not help anything. The site was hacked 3 times and the scri[pt needed to be upgraded for security purposes. In addition we had no shoutbox then and many other features that other members enjoy. The purpose of this thread is to make the site better...Besides, we are not looking for "good enough"..

Natzo--Thanks

The site will have 2 styles..one dark and one light. A couple people seem to not like the dark so we will have options.

The vote ins, etc..all good ideas and they will be incorporated into the new site.. Thanks

How that isnt usefull? all natzo said was already 2 years ago.

we really need new active mods. more than anything. IT WAS ALREADY

a better placed media section. IT WAS ALREADY, SECTIONS CHANGED A LOT SINCE THEN
a powerlifting/strongman section OK BUT FIRST; WE NEED GOOD MEMBERS TO MANTAIN IT, remembering EL FREAKO. When he was here, he needed the section, not now.

black colour is mecca iconic so no need to change that...
new logo would be good contact member dilatedmuscle for that he suggested this change in the first place. IT WAS ALREADY A HD LOGO, NOT THIS LOW RES ONE

bring back the VIP vote-ins - that really encourages new members to post IT WAS ALREADY

bring back the bodybuilders teams. IT WAS ALREADY

Some members also complain of long loading times, and very dark background color. NEVER HAPPEND BEFORE....

To sum up, the forum as it was 2 years ago.
Sorry if you dont like things clear, or you werent here 2-3 years ago at MM's peak, but its the truth.

dont take my comment as a dull complain, but i think the way to recovery is repeat the success of the past.

Last edited:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
FU fdelval, this is the 2nd time I like your post :icon_mrgreen:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Man...why do I bother??

When I came back to this site it was hacked and falling apart. There were database errors and there was barely anyone here. I don't know if it was 2 years ago but it sounds to me like you are basically saying everything I have done over the past 2 years has been a waste. If that is what you think than fine but this thread is to talk about things that can make the site better and not what you liked before..

Some people like features, some people don't. It is impossible to make everyone happy. Some people are never going to be happy no matter what is done.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man...why do I bother??

When I came back to this site it was hacked and falling apart. There were database errors and there was barely anyone here. I don't know if it was 2 years ago but it sounds to me like you are basically saying everything I have done over the past 2 years has been a waste. If that is what you think than fine but this thread is to talk about things that can make the site better and not what you liked before..

Some people like features, some people don't. It is impossible to make everyone happy. Some people are never going to be happy no matter what is done.

Hey dont worry about it... no one said your efforts are not appreciated... fdelval basicaly wanted to say that he liked the features of website 2 years ago... and then you mistook what he said he went a little overboard to explain his point... but all of us who posted here have their heart in the right place.

fdelval

fdelval

Man...why do I bother??

Nobody here knows the hidden face of the forum, i dont know if it was hacked, dont know if you retyped the code from the scratch, but if you did it for the forum, thank you. But now, lets get the hands dirty again rebuilding from its current status.
Again, dont take it as personal, but if you find my post rude when i said "AS IT WAS 2 YEARS AGO", take Natzo's post.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MuscleMecca Today!!

I think it's time to work on site and leave the past!
Believe me, the person has not followed in the forum!
Will have their own reasons!

Believe me, I've been ready to leave everything!

But, I've tried to keep the site up to date!

It was not just copy and paste!

But even asking questions of officials and athletes in the sport!
Sending Invitations to BB pros to participate in the forum!

Let's look forward and finishes the discussion!

I think all we have somehow kept the forum!
And talkAdmin, has been emailing me very worried!
Because he has not had permission to do anything in the forum!
And has been waiting for Pain to upload these changes!

So I know TalkAdmin efforts!

And makes sure that today offers this wholeheartedly!
That's the best part!
No benefit behind his words!
In a world where everything is money!

Friends keep this great site!

Work together!
A big hug for everyone!

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Lets forget about the past and move on to the future..

@ Coach, you contribute a lot to the site, i used to be a lot more active on other sites and i know its a lot of work to get all the news and make presentable threads on here. THANKS COACH!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lets forget about the past and move on to the future..

@ Coach, you contribute a lot to the site, i used to be a lot more active on other sites and i know its a lot of work to get all the news and make presentable threads on here. THANKS COACH!

Thank you my bro!
Also you are one of the most active and necessary in the Forum
As others: Iron, Nat, Tk, fed, paki ... and many, Many Others!
I've made ​​to interact with multiple sites Rx MD and Muscle
For several reasons!
Many trolls!
The Rx manager will not let you post articles, videos, photos
From MD
For things like that
The Rx admin warns you that it will ban your profile!

But hey!
So leave me time to work more in Musclemecca!
Well, so is better, their loss!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
*Cough-cough-PL/Strongman-section-cough-cough*

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
*Cough-cough-PL/Strongman-section-cough-cough*

I've suggested that to Talkadmin, and I'm positive it will be included.

Make you a mod of that section would be great!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Knightrider said:
Forum runner
Any chance of getting the site on the forum runner app for iPad?
Cross post from KR. Not a bad idea to have our site available on smart phones, etc.

TalkAdmin said:
Re: Post your MuscleMecca improvement Ideas

Man...why do I bother??

You've certainly done a lot to improve things. I remember that most mods were continuously deleting spambots, I deleted 60 accounts in one day at one stage. Tech actually turned off new memberships to stem the tide for a while.

I agree with the point on active members being Mods and VIPs. Most of the Mods are busy these days with the next stage in life, only checking in occasionally. We do need to promote newer guys and keep the cycle of life going on the forum.

Main thing I have noticed is that on some platforms this site loads very slowly. I don't know why that is, but I know a lot of people are having that problem. I have no problem at home or on mobile broadband, but at work broadband just doesn't like loading. Posting is quite often impossible.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah i stopped posting 2 years ago and coming back its aweful quiet. Like any forum but you need members to actively particpipate in conversations. Mods need to have mixed bag of questions and little gimmicks to keep people chatting and arguing. I use to love fighting over high volume vs low volume etc. It gets heated but everybody gets in and has a say.

I would love to see you interview members about their training instead of pro's. i don't want some juice junky telling me about their 20 set bicep routine which i can't recover from!

Post controvesial articles to stir the mob

Mecca use to be my favourite place to visit once upon a time. I have been on hiatus, all my fault, but i'm back and keen as **** to charge the forum, its gotta be a member driven effort. The features on the site are fine!