• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Shoulder Exercises - Specifically Subscapularis (Suitable to build up injured shoulde

T

treay81

Hi,

I'm pretty new to working out, actually I'm a brand spanker, I have always worked very Labour intensive jobs and have never needed to attend gym's and stuff.

I was injured about 4 years ago whilst working in an underground mine, I strained the Left shoulder and this was originally pin pointed as being the Sub Scapularis. I'm looking to build muscle in the shoulders to attempt and correct what ever has happened, So if you guys can offer any advice or particular exercises to suit this application without necessarily causing further injury to it, It would be a huge help and much appreciated.

Cheers

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sub scapular injuries are going to limit your stability overhead a bit, but most dumbbell pressing should be fine. I wouldn't use any delt raises until you've got no issues. Definitely get into some YTLs and prone scarecrows and Cuban presses, there are articles and videos around on how to do them.