JOJ trains arms.
Your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

sigpic74948 1

Natzo's LOG - Check my workouts!ASC 09 Top 5 pick Champion'10 MM fantasy Football league Champion

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation FlexFan's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: JOJ trains arms.

His form on all machine exercises is epic...4:00 - 5:00 min of the first video - my favourite...

Arnold:"This must be an inspiration from Britney Spears...the haircut that you have...haha..."
    Victor:"I got it first!I got it first!"
    firmameccaso3

Elvira turns me on bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Natzo's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I dont care if i'll be bashed with "they can do whatever they'll grow they are using or are genetic freaks"

but some of this guys including JOJ and Branch of course they must be really DUMB, because after years and years of training they still use crappy exercises with crappy form. they dont learn and care too much about ego.

they're Dumbass ****ers.

for God sakes learn with Centopani or even Coleman that used to train in the same gym...

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^ Centopani @ metroflex?

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by mvsf1 View Post
    ^^ Centopani @ metroflex?
    no coleman... these spanish guys.....

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Natzo View Post
    for God sakes learn with Centopani or even Coleman that used to train in the same gym...
    This sentence is confusing, Magalhaes.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

@ Natzo, it doesnt matter... he knows how/what his muscles feel from those reps... for the millionth time we are all different and have different leverage because of our limbs... he obviousely gets good enough pump and workout to maintain the muscle mass he has... why is that so hard to understand? People used to build awesome physiques just by swinging the bloody Indian Clubs... as "bad" as the form my look to you (and other babies on board) he is still hitting those muscle groups directly!

Chaos reigns. bodybuilding reputation Line's Avatar
    Weight
    188 pounds
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by pakiman View Post
    @ Natzo, it doesnt matter... he knows how/what his muscles feel from those reps... for the millionth time we are all different and have different leverage because of our limbs... he obviousely gets good enough pump and workout to maintain the muscle mass he has... why is that so hard to understand? People used to build awesome physiques just by swinging the bloody Indian Clubs... as "bad" as the form my look to you (and other babies on board) he is still hitting those muscle groups directly!
    Haha, this is rich.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

but wouldn't he be doing it better with proper form? I mean there's a huge difference in what he is doing and propper form, and i'm not talking about partials (I use them too as an intensity technique sometimes) this is just plain bad form, simple as that. He might be working triceps and getting a huge pump - for god sakes he is moving them pretty viciously - but with better form he would get much more from the exercise and avoid possible injuries. Just look at the ****ing workout he just wants to grab some weight and move it nothing more.

and what's an Indian Club?

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation pakiman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Natzo View Post
    ...and what's an Indian Club?
    Probably the oldest weight training "equipment" in weight training history... other than a baby calf off course

milo

Look this is a never-ending debate so I'm not going to try to win it... just remember that almost any resistence training coupled with proper diet will yield positive results... hell bloody Isometric training is scientifically proven to do so... so its pointless haggling JOJ and Branch who actually move the weight around (what to untrained infant eyes look like uncontrolled motion) while high on "supplements"!

Last edited by pakiman; 01-30-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation BigBen's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Those weights being "moved around" for JOJs leg day are paying off big time.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation tim290280's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Sorry, load of crap.

Who cares if it stimulates the muscles, crappy form causes all sorts of issues. Muscle tears, adhesions, joint injuries, meniscus wear, ligament and tendon damage. This is unnecessary damage. It's like saying, well my car runs fine and performs well, but I'm going to continually run it into a wall.

Most Helpful Member 2008
    December 2008 MOTM
    My Log - Join the Journey!
    Aussie Lift-Off

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Flex's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

You make it sound like just because a guy is a pro and is large, he knows exactly what works for him. Most IFBB pro's are idiots when it comes to the science of bodybuilding, and rely mainly on genetics. You can make it sound like he's had a lifetime of trial & error, but I bet you that JOJ has never trained any other way than how he trains now.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I bet you that JOJ has never trained any other way than how he trains now.
    I'll put all my money on this, I believe you are right.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    You make it sound like just because a guy is a pro and is large, he knows exactly what works for him. Most IFBB pro's are idiots when it comes to the science of bodybuilding, and rely mainly on genetics. You can make it sound like he's had a lifetime of trial & error, but I bet you that JOJ has never trained any other way than how he trains now.
    No, because you have a counter argument, its you who wants to believe it sounded like I said that ... in actuality what I was getting at was that because of varying limbs sizes and resulting leverages everyone one is unique and only the person performing a certain excercise knows how that movement is affecting his/her muscles. You dont have to be a seasoned and large pro BBer to expereince that... a regular Pee-wee Herman would figure that out in a few weeks at the gym! On this board I wouldnt dare to blaspheme your hunch and for the sake of conversation agree that thats the only way hes ever trained but one thing I got to say though... JOJ and Branch have done quite well doing the same damn dangerous "smashing their car in the wall" routine for twenty or so years!

Last edited by pakiman; 02-03-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by tim290280 View Post
    ... This is unnecessary damage. It's like saying, well my car runs fine and performs well, but I'm going to continually run it into a wall.
    If after running it into walls a "car" looked as good as "their cars" and still ran/performed well then you have already shot yourself in the foot with your own argument... and that is before you even throw in the fact that for them it earns money for a decent life style!

IF I had a "car" that looked as good as "theirs" and it performed well too but to get it to look good, perform well and consequently earn decent livelyhood for myself, I had to run it into wall... I would smash that damn thing into walls all day long for the rest of my life! YOU WOULD TOO if you had the oppertinitybut for now you have an argument to win... soooooo ok, it's your turn, you go now!

Last edited by pakiman; 02-03-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

^^^^

yeah when obviously your car could run way better ( branch's back, there isn't hardly any full contraction there) and for more years ( injuries, tricep tear, quad tear) you just smash it against the wall.

I think what Tim and mostly Flex are saying is that JOJ and Branch only rely on their genetic potencial to look how they do, but their idiot workout time and time again keeps their flaws noticeable for their entire career! Branch's back and JOJ legs... AND THOSE FLAWS WILL ALWAYS MAKE BRANCH THE ETERNAL NOT NR1 GUY AND JOJ THE 3RD LINE BB HE IS.

Look at Evan you can say his chest was his weakest bodypart or not favoured by genetics, and he comes year after year with improvemnts because he trains it the right way!

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Both Kevin Leverone and Dorian were known for their "by-the-book" form and lifts yet they both suffered horrific injuries! The reason these guys get injured cannot be attributed to false form only ... more often than not its their tendons caving in under the pressure of weghts they lift... Kevin had tricpe, pec and knees problems.. would you say he was a bad lifter too? So arguing that Branch tearing muscles up proves its its his form that caused those... is simply wrong! The real question at hand is are those "bad moves" condusive to muscle growth... I am of the opinion that they are! If you did the same stuff in the same fasion that they are doing and most importantly lifted the same weight (in proprtion to your level in BBing) and especially with the same level of control (as little as you might spot in their training... they have the damn thing well under control) IMO you would grow too!
    Bottom line is those guys know how much of those lifts actually stimulate their muscles and if they feel the right muscles being worked and with right intensity then leave them be...

Lastly Dude NO AMOUNT OF CORRECT FORM IS GOING TO BRING JOJ's LEGS UP... its a genetic thing... were Ronnie's (and now Wolf's) calves weak because he wasnt training them right or was it because thats what he was given in terms genetics?

Last edited by pakiman; 02-03-2012 at 11:51 PM.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions