• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

JOJ trains arms.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

Last edited by a moderator:
FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His form on all machine exercises is epic...4:00 - 5:00 min of the first video - my favourite...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I dont care if i'll be bashed with "they can do whatever they'll grow they are using or are genetic freaks"

but some of this guys including JOJ and Branch of course they must be really DUMB, because after years and years of training they still use crappy exercises with crappy form. they dont learn and care too much about ego.

they're Dumbass ****ers.

for God sakes learn with Centopani or even Coleman that used to train in the same gym...

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Centopani @ metroflex?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Natzo, it doesnt matter... he knows how/what his muscles feel from those reps... for the millionth time we are all different and have different leverage because of our limbs... he obviousely gets good enough pump and workout to maintain the muscle mass he has... why is that so hard to understand? People used to build awesome physiques just by swinging the bloody Indian Clubs... as "bad" as the form my look to you (and other babies on board) :) he is still hitting those muscle groups directly!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
@ Natzo, it doesnt matter... he knows how/what his muscles feel from those reps... for the millionth time we are all different and have different leverage because of our limbs... he obviousely gets good enough pump and workout to maintain the muscle mass he has... why is that so hard to understand? People used to build awesome physiques just by swinging the bloody Indian Clubs... as "bad" as the form my look to you (and other babies on board) :) he is still hitting those muscle groups directly!
Haha, this is rich.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

but wouldn't he be doing it better with proper form? I mean there's a huge difference in what he is doing and propper form, and i'm not talking about partials (I use them too as an intensity technique sometimes) this is just plain bad form, simple as that. He might be working triceps and getting a huge pump - for god sakes he is moving them pretty viciously - but with better form he would get much more from the exercise and avoid possible injuries. Just look at the ****ing workout he just wants to grab some weight and move it nothing more.

and what's an Indian Club?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
...and what's an Indian Club?

Probably the oldest weight training "equipment" in weight training history... other than a baby calf off course:)

milo.jpg

Look this is a never-ending debate so I'm not going to try to win it... just remember that almost any resistence training coupled with proper diet will yield positive results... hell bloody Isometric training is scientifically proven to do so... so its pointless haggling JOJ and Branch who actually move the weight around (what to untrained infant eyes look like uncontrolled motion) ;) while high on "supplements"!

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those weights being "moved around" for JOJs leg day are paying off big time.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Sorry, load of crap.

Who cares if it stimulates the muscles, crappy form causes all sorts of issues. Muscle tears, adhesions, joint injuries, meniscus wear, ligament and tendon damage. This is unnecessary damage. It's like saying, well my car runs fine and performs well, but I'm going to continually run it into a wall.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You make it sound like just because a guy is a pro and is large, he knows exactly what works for him. Most IFBB pro's are idiots when it comes to the science of bodybuilding, and rely mainly on genetics. You can make it sound like he's had a lifetime of trial & error, but I bet you that JOJ has never trained any other way than how he trains now.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You make it sound like just because a guy is a pro and is large, he knows exactly what works for him. Most IFBB pro's are idiots when it comes to the science of bodybuilding, and rely mainly on genetics. You can make it sound like he's had a lifetime of trial & error, but I bet you that JOJ has never trained any other way than how he trains now.

No, because you have a counter argument, its you who wants to believe it sounded like I said that ... in actuality what I was getting at was that because of varying limbs sizes and resulting leverages everyone one is unique and only the person performing a certain excercise knows how that movement is affecting his/her muscles. You dont have to be a seasoned and large pro BBer to expereince that... a regular Pee-wee Herman would figure that out in a few weeks at the gym! On this board I wouldnt dare to blaspheme your hunch and for the sake of conversation agree that thats the only way hes ever trained but one thing I got to say though... JOJ and Branch have done quite well doing the same damn dangerous "smashing their car in the wall" routine for twenty or so years!

Last edited:
pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
... This is unnecessary damage. It's like saying, well my car runs fine and performs well, but I'm going to continually run it into a wall.

If after running it into walls a "car" looked as good as "their cars" and still ran/performed well then you have already shot yourself in the foot with your own argument... and that is before you even throw in the fact that for them it earns money for a decent life style!

IF I had a "car" that looked as good as "theirs" and it performed well too but to get it to look good, perform well and consequently earn decent livelyhood for myself, I had to run it into wall... I would smash that damn thing into walls all day long for the rest of my life! YOU WOULD TOO if you had the oppertinitybut for now you have an argument to win... soooooo ok, it's your turn, you go now!

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
^^^^

yeah when obviously your car could run way better ( branch's back, there isn't hardly any full contraction there) and for more years ( injuries, tricep tear, quad tear) you just smash it against the wall.

I think what Tim and mostly Flex are saying is that JOJ and Branch only rely on their genetic potencial to look how they do, but their idiot workout time and time again keeps their flaws noticeable for their entire career! Branch's back and JOJ legs... AND THOSE FLAWS WILL ALWAYS MAKE BRANCH THE ETERNAL NOT NR1 GUY AND JOJ THE 3RD LINE BB HE IS.

Look at Evan you can say his chest was his weakest bodypart or not favoured by genetics, and he comes year after year with improvemnts because he trains it the right way!

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Both Kevin Leverone and Dorian were known for their "by-the-book" form and lifts yet they both suffered horrific injuries! The reason these guys get injured cannot be attributed to false form only ... more often than not its their tendons caving in under the pressure of weghts they lift... Kevin had tricpe, pec and knees problems.. would you say he was a bad lifter too? So arguing that Branch tearing muscles up proves its its his form that caused those... is simply wrong! The real question at hand is are those "bad moves" condusive to muscle growth... I am of the opinion that they are! If you did the same stuff in the same fasion that they are doing and most importantly lifted the same weight (in proprtion to your level in BBing) and especially with the same level of control (as little as you might spot in their training... they have the damn thing well under control) IMO you would grow too!
Bottom line is those guys know how much of those lifts actually stimulate their muscles and if they feel the right muscles being worked and with right intensity then leave them be...

Lastly Dude NO AMOUNT OF CORRECT FORM IS GOING TO BRING JOJ's LEGS UP... its a genetic thing... were Ronnie's (and now Wolf's) calves weak because he wasnt training them right or was it because thats what he was given in terms genetics?

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So Paki, you're saying that it is a good idea to smash your body around with **** form? You're saying that jerking the weights around, overloading the joints and ligaments is a good idea? That injuries are less likely to occur because of cherry picked examples? Are you honestly saying that JoJ and Branch will have a good quality of life in 10 years when they have no cartilage left in their joints and they have disk bulges in every second vertebrae?

Because it is a known quantity that not training like an idiot lessons the risks of these things occurring. Less risk of being a geriatric physical wreck at 50 is probably a good idea, not a bad one.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ No... for the millionth time I'm saying that it looks very chaotic to us "regular people" but for someone at their level who has done this for a fair bit... those guys are in control of whats happenning! Its their style and that obvisousely works for them... and IMO would work for anyone who did it relative (according) to their experience in lifting! For instance Branch style Millitary press wont do anyone harm if done with weight in proportion to their (for lack of better word) level in weight training... it shocks us more when we see someone doing that with three plates on each side but we forget that the person doing it is not a regular Joe but rather a top BBer who has been lifting for years upon years and has a VERY ADVANCED level of lifting experience!
I bet if you or anyone who doubts their techiques did the same press (with the same arched back & bouncing off the chest style) with 1/4th of that weight... only good would come out of that! "We the lifters" do unnatural lifts all the time (hyper extensions, deep lunges, sissy squats etc) but those are "unnatural" to general public but not to experienced lifters! In BBing perspective "We the lifters" are general public and what might seem to us as unnatural & dangerous is not really that to someone who has been doing this full time for ages now! ALSO we get blown away MOSTLY because of the weight thats involved in the explossive movements that both JOJ and Branch use... in in our shock we forget that its JOJ & Branch not Dilated & Natzo!
And then theres my argument re leverages... they may not be as clever, wise and knowledgeable as Flex thinks he is but still they are not idiots as Flex thinks of most of the pros! Stupidity plays a role mostly into what these guys put into their bodies (chem & food)... BUT when it comes to training though, anyone with even a handfull of working brain cells would choose excercises that pump their mucles right. Branch & JOJ as big idiots as anyone might want to think of them would not go on choosing the movements/lifts that do nothing for them or hurt them crazy!

Last edited: