• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Meals to go

A

amtz

Hi folks,

I come to you once again to seek some advice!

Currently I joined the gym from a year-long brake. My goal is to shred some fat and achieve a beach body physique! Diet techniques such as calorie count, what to eat & when and all that bull are no issue since I have achieved the same goal.

My dilemma is that I don't have the time like used to since my work schedule is from 9am-5pm (not written in stone in occasions I stay longer ) not counting an hour drive to & from work. In the mornings eating breakfast is not a problem I fix time to prepare a proper meal and same for mid-day snack. The problem is during lunch time, pretty much every where is only but fast food. Obviously this restaurants will halt any advance I may make!!! Subway is always an alternative but it will get old to say the least.....

Also no restaurant meal can equal a good made at home meal. Also it will save a hole deal of money..

So to wrap it up I need some insight or ideas of how you all manage to eat healthy on a tight schedule. Any ideas for make-ahead meals?? A good webpage or recipe book??

Thanks in advance!

K

kathleenjames

Welcome back,I must follow your advice in a better way, thanks for sharing this

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amtz, I make lunch while I'm cooking and eating breakfast. I pack it into a tub with snacks to take to work.

If you want to get fancy you can take a weekly approach and have stuff frozen, ready for later in the week.

J

John222

The best idea is to eat such foods that contains more protein and vitamins. Using small quantity of such foods that have high nutrition power, contains high protein can be really beneficial for you. Oyster Mushroom, egg, and fresh vegetables are good.

R

ronnie12

Green vegetables, fruits with good amount of vitamins.. And eggs and other things with high amount of protein gonna be okay for you...

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Why not just make a sandwich for lunch with some healthy filling and eat a lot of healthy food at dinner time. It only takes a minute to make a cream cheese sandwich or a ham sandwich, just bring some vegetables along and add it to your sandwich during lunch. It's cheap, easy to prepare and healthy.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could make yourself a healthy sandwich to take to work with you, and I would try a whole grain bread sandwich with some deli turkey breast, also top it with some avocado and a slice of low-fat cheese as well. Also as sides you could take some baked chips or pita chips and add a orange or apple as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My suggestion is a sandwich or rice meal that you prepare at home. It is better that way because you can be assured of the fresh ingredients. For sandwich, you can heat it in the oven toaster, I am assuming that you have one in the office. For the rice meal, you can heat it in the microwave oven. As they say, we need protein for our muscles so it is meat that we should focus on. My favorite sandwich is hamburger that is made of pork and not beef so you can guess that I make my own. It is one of the simplest food because all you need is to mix the ingredients - ground pork, egg, corn starch, crushed garlic and minced onions. And frying is a breeze. You can also eat my hamburger with rice if you don't have the bun.