• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Posterior Delt Injury

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Googling has become tiresome so hopefully I can get some educated feedback.

My right rear Delt has been sore for some time now and last weeks pull ups seemed to finish it off. I can no longer dead hang as if I were going to attempt a pull up and wiping my ass hurts like hell. Pressing doesn't affect it one bit, I'm still putting up respectable numbers in that sense without any discomfort. Picking the weight up is another story though. Any sort of rowing and pulling is the only affected movement

My insurance hasn't kicked in and won't for 4 more months and I'm certainly not waiting that long so don't give me the obvious "go see a dr" answer. That's a no brainer.

Last edited:
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry I can't be of help but here's a sympathy post

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lol thanks bro. Can we get a tumble weed to roll by, the forum is a ghost town

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rear delts aren't used by pressing movements.

If this was a tear you would have noticed a pull and swelling. I'm guessing a strain, which means rest. Maybe get some deep heat into it to stimulate blood flow to the area. Train around it, so no pulling exercises. See how deadlifts go, otherwise just rest the back for a week or two.

Looks like you've got a great chance to hammer legs for a bit.