• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tips for starting a diet and fitness routine.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Do any of you massive body builders have tips for someone looking to get started? any tips for dieting, etc?
What is the best way to lose weight and be able to stick with it??

I have been working out on an elliptical trainer, treadmill and I do some curling. I used to use free weights all the time and I used to do sprints as well but now
being older and sitting on my ass working on websites has made it tough to get the will to just stick with it.

What do you guys think about over the counter diet pills, things like that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My normal diet right now is lots of salad, coleslaw, rice, cereal and things like that. I know I am high on carbs and low on protein. I need to eat more chicken I think.
I really have no set workout routine because of my schedule. Should I work out in the morning or night?

I really need to get my cholesterol down and blood pressure as well. I need to knock off a few pounds as well. U figured I would ask the pros..

Thanks much guys!!

Rich

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
to loose weight you need to create a caloric deficit or in other words spend more calories than you ingest. That means diet, regular exercise and some cardio.

- you really need to up that protein intake in order to keep some muscle while dieting, look for chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon and white fish.

- you dont need any of that OTC diet pills.... just work with your diet, clean it up and create a caloric deficit.

- It is preferable to workout in the morning cause you'll have all day to eat meals and replenish your muscle and aid recovery process, but if you have a busy schedule working out later in the day is good too.

- what's your weight, height, age ? are you sensible to carbs? what's your routine right now?

AND FIX THE QUICK REPLY THING!!! lol XD

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Thanks so much dude for the help! I used to be a total fitness geek a few years back but the schedule has made it too tough to keep up. The lack of motivation does not help either. Hard to explain, it is like I am really motivated but just do not have the energy physically some times.

My ideal weight is around $170 I think unless I have a ton of muscle which is not what I am aiming for anymore. I am more into a lean, cut type of body but I lack the discipline for either right now.
I can eat anything but lately I have been eating a ton of salad and rice. I have been having a hard time keeping the protein intake up. My routine is to start on the tread mill and do about 20 minutes. The last 5 minutes I do on off sprints. I then jump on the elliptical and try to do 15 minutes but sometimes I cannot manage it. I have it set at a pretty intensive level and I do get an awesome burn.

After that I used to hit the free weights and do a whole routine but lately I have just managed to do 4 sets to full burn which takes while because my dumbbells are only 25 ponders.

My main problem though is consistency. I get going on this and try to do the treadmill and trainer daily and the weights every other day but then I have a stressed out week and I end up stopping for a week or two and bam..i feel like **** again. I am about 200lbs right now and about 5'9...I need to get down to 175 or lower. I thought maybe I could find some motivation from the pros.

As you said, I need chicken, that kind of thing but cooking every day is just out of the question for me man. That is why I am always eating the salad. Do you guys cook the chicken and leave it in the fridge for a few days? What is the easiest way to maintain a healthy diet without cooking all the time?

What about water? Should i just stick to water?

Thanks again for the help..

Almost forgot, what is wrong with the quick reply? I think on the last theme I had recoded the quick reply to have a full editor, etc.. Is that what you are talking about? I will see if I can get that taken care of this week or early next week latest. Let me know what ever is messed up any time and I will take care of it asap.

Cheers,
Rich

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
the quick reply doesn't work... we cant write anything.. we have to go to advance mode.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I think the main problem then is consistency and motivation and that's something you have to work through, but I guarantee you this - once you start seeing results you're hooked.

- It looks like you're doing too much cardio and little weight training - reduce your cardio a bit and do more wight training - and you should start your workout with the weight routine too because you'll be depleting your muscles before hitting the cardio what will facilitate fat burning. If you have limited acess to weights incorporate some giant sets in your routine, supersets or exercises like dips, pushups and pullups.

- just have a day where you cook some chicken breasts for the next four days, put them in the fridge... you'll be alright. Another good and easy source of protein is eggs (add some to your salads or just make a meal out of them) and canned tuna. Easy and cheap.

J

John222

Use fresh fruits and vegetables for your daily diet plan. Take high protein and low calories foods. Don't be crazy for starting workouts be calm and regular for your workouts. Sudden changes in your mood may be happened. Try to do the exercises that are suitable for you and suit your interest. If you enjoy working out results will be good.