• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Need help with new forums and titles

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Hey guys,

I am working on a new competition category. I need some forums and forum titles. Can you guys help me come up with stuff??

Thanks

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I am not getting too much help here guys.. I need some ideas for forums and I need a title for a new forum for diet and nutrition, supplements, etc.. Any input?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ Mecca nutrition! hehe, check your pm's, Rich. There are a few ideas/names for some forums.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Thanks for all of your help man!!

Here is your last post and then my reply..

-----
Forumcategory - The gymnasium (or MuscleMecca GYM) sounds good as it is for now.

Forum - Bodybuilding discussion (or Mecca BB news)
Subforum - Bodybuilding Q&A's with: - Ronnie Coleman
- Phil Heath (we'll have to talk with them via pm's and I think they'll agree to have their own thread where they can respond to the fan's questions). Hopefully in the near future more pro's will join, or why not some top amateurs who have posted on mecca from time to time.

Forum - Diet & Nutrition - can't think of an original name right now.. Mecca meals/foods, Mecca nutrition - I know maybe it sounds lame, but I don't have anything right now.
Subforum - Pre-contest Diet and an Offseason diet, I think they will fit good in this forum.

Forum category - The Arena (I like how it's called)

Forum - IFBB Professional League
Subforum - Mr. Olympia
Subforum - Arnold Classic => I think these two are enough since they are the most important shows of the year. There are like 2 months per year, when there's lot of news and updates for each show. So the members can post and I'll post as well all the threads/updates in the specific subforum.

Forum - NPC League - the NPC can stay without subforums. Their best shows are: NPC USA's in july, and NPC Nationals in november. A few stickies should be enough imo.

Forum category - The training room - sounds great.

Forum - Mecca training 101 or the name we already have is good as it is.
Forum - Mecca journals/ Training Logs - people here on mecca are used with the log section as it is, like a forum, so we can leave them as 2 forums in this category. What do you think? And no need for subforums here imo (at least for now).

---------------------------------------------

Ok, I added some new forums..trying to figure out the diet and nutrition thing. I also really need some good descriptions for the competition forums. --

It is starting to come together. I will focus on finishing this and then we can work on the contest. I also want to figure out how to get people to write some better posts instead of just copying from other sites and posting pictures. If you have any ideas let me know..

Thanks much--if anyone else wants to help please speak up. This is your forum guys and I want it to be as you guys want it...will be adding another light theme once this is done too for those of you that do not like the daqrk theme..

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Do you think we should have supplements combined with diet and nutrition?

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes I think its better to have "multipurpose" threads as more people will open and contribute to those. If we had a clutter of closely related forums, IMO that would be confusing and also some of the forums will be less visited while some are not visited at all!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Awesome guys. Thanks for helping.

TKD-Will check pms later after the kids leave today. Thanks..Cant wait to check out the ideas..

Paki-Yes, we will still have general forums and when someone wants to post something there should always be a forum but just the same things have to be organized not only for members but for search engines to gather our data so more people can see us.

We need good content in order to get new members and by having more forums available it gives people incentive to post under those topics instead of just posting pictures, etc. Still though, you are right and we do need to keep general forums as well. We just need a good combo..

Right now we need titles, forum ideas, descriptions,--I will pay members for good articles that are written for us only..we need well written blog posts containing content. If we want to get more members and do really well there is so much to be done.

You guys are so awesome!! Thank yuo so much for posting and helping!! The site is nothing without you guys..

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you think we should have supplements combined with diet and nutrition?
Yes, why not, it would be very logical like that. Also, I don't think that there would be very much discussion if those topics would be separated, pretty much just like pakiman said.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is some members here that are certified nutritionists !!! they know a lot about supplements and nutrition !! it would be nice if they'll write some articles and share with us some of the information they know :2:

and yes keep supplements combined with diet and nutrition :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I love you guys! Thanks for the input!

I would gladly pay what I can for some well written and original articles written for us. That would be great for the members and the site!

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the "Supplements" section should be separate from the "Diet and Nutrition" Boards. Also, for the Pro and Amateur bodybuilders, there threads that they are answering questions in should be a sticky at the top of the forum depending on what category of the forum they are replying to. Mecca Nutrition sounds good. I'll think of a few new names and will post them.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the "Supplements" section should be separate from the "Diet and Nutrition" Boards. Also, for the Pro and Amateur bodybuilders, there threads that they are answering questions in should be a sticky at the top of the forum depending on what category of the forum they are replying to. Mecca Nutrition sounds good. I'll think of a few new names and will post them.
Agree ..These is ok to be a sub-forum for each of those!
Must be within a Macro Forum containing all these departments!
Named feeding protocols-Diets-Suplementacion-News

Thanks for the ideas Iceman

Last edited:
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agree ..These is ok to be a sub-forum for each of those!
Must be within a Macro Forum containing all these departments!
Named feeding protocols-Diets-Suplementacion-News

Thanks for the ideas Iceman

Np Coach. Also, what do you guys think about having a "Supplement Reviews" sub category in the "Mecca Supplement Forum" section?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I agree that we can combine those two. Supplements + Diet & Nutrition, under the name "Mecca Nutrition" or other name should look good for the moment.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Np Coach. Also, what do you guys think about having a "Supplement Reviews" sub category in the "Mecca Supplement Forum" section?

..Cool I love that!
..I need always all that update feedback to work, great idea!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Thanks for the help guys!! So sorry I have not been around for a few days. I had a pc issue again that has kept me offline. I will go through and see if there are any new ideas or what ever and will reply later on today. I am still reinstalling software and doing some updates but I wanted to check into Mecca asap.

It is great to know that when I am unable to keep an eye on things there are good members here I can count on.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Doing a nice job TA! I'll check in this thread more often so let me know if I can be of help.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Thanks much dudes..awesome.. I appreciate thge help and also the great posts. You guys all make this site awesome and we are only starting..restarting I should say.. haha

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YES, supplementation and nutrition go hand by hand in BB, I think a single category for both will do the job.