• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How much exercise we can do per day??

E

ellena

So, I wanna know that how much exercise we can do per day?? So, That we can built muscle fast without any injury or problem.

R

ronnie12

1-2 Hrs per day gonna be okay, With good food. It will help you alot, To build muscles fast. yeah but Do proper exercises in a proper way.

J

jacky

Yeah like Ronnie said 1-2 hrs per day gonna be okay. Eat good, Do good work out. your body will become better soon.

S

sandygothes

you should engage in at least 30 minutes of moderate activity each day to realize the health benefits of exercise.You would then repeat the interval cycles for 20 minutes, ultimately achieving 10 minutes of high-intensity exercise and 10 minutes of active rest. This would provide the equivalent benefit of one hour of moderate physical activity.

butterfly1

butterfly1

I have heard that it is important not to exhaust your body out. So 45 minutes to an hr. I know I have done P90x in the past and I believe that the longest exercise that they had was 1 hr and 15 minutes. The yoga may have been 1 hr and 30 minutes. I think it depends on you and your body.

butterfly1

butterfly1

I think that you can go up to an hour. However, if you are just starting out then you may just want to start at 30 minutes and work your way to an hour slowly. This will help you so that you will prevent muscle strains and injury. I hope this helps!

S

superbobby

It is all about adapting properly to an exercise. Two hours is enough when you have adapted well.

KingArcher

KingArcher

Around 1 to 2 hours of working out per day is more than enough, but careful not to overtrain certain muscle groups. No more than 5 sets of 5 reps for the same group in the same day, with a 1 day break afterwards.

Pushtoday

Pushtoday

The amount of exercise one can do in a day depends on many different factors.
What types of exercises,? (strength training, cardio, crossfit etc..)
What is your experience level? (training for years, new to training, etc...)
How much rest between exercises? (level of intensity?)
What are the goals? Just to build muscle or increase strength, power, endurance?
Lots of factors go into how long you should exercise to build muscle fast.
Of course Diet and nutrition are key components.
As is rest and sleep.

You could build muscle exercising only 20 minutes a day, but far more than just exercise factor into building muscle.

C

Clair02

What are the goals? Just to build muscle or increase strength, power, endurance?
As is rest and sleep.

You could build muscle exercising only 20 minutes a day, but far more than just exercise factor into building muscle.
After reading through this thread and noting all the vastly different answers, I have to say that I'm a little bit confused, but your answer seems to make the most sense to me. I guess it comes down to what works best for you. If you listen to your body, you will know whether 20 minutes or 2 hours is better for you.

- - - Updated - - -

As is rest and sleep.

After reading through this thread and noting all the vastly different answers, I have to say that I'm a little bit confused, but your answer seems to make the most sense to me. I guess it comes down to what works best for you. If you listen to your body, you will know whether 20 minutes or 2 hours is better for you.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Fortachon

Fortachon

Of course, it all depends on how strong you are and how strong your body is as well, you couldn't force your body to do something it cannot do, you have to start from the bottom first.

Z

zonemik

Actually, everyone should do at least 40 minutes of exercise per day. This is the minimum time and I don't think there is any limit to how much we can exercise. Professional peoples exercise for many hours a day!

Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail

Banned
I agree with most of the comments. I personally do exercise at least 30-45 minutes per day. I do cardio hip hop which can be a bit intense depending on the music that I'll be dancing to, but of course you need to do some preps first before jumping to the main work out. I believe working out for 30-45 minutes per day is healthier than working out for hours since your muscle tissues can tear up because of over fatigue.

P

pwarbi

Ever since I've been training and exercising I've only ever gone to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and the other days are rest days so my body can recover. I normally spend between 1 and 2 hours at the gym and make sure that I never go more than 2 days in a row. I know people that go every day and while there's nothing wrong with that I guess depending what routines your doing, I do think that if you go every day then it can actually do more harm than good as your body will become overtired.

I was also told that it's on the rest days, as your muscles repair themselves, that's when you start to become stronger because the rest helps the muscles grow and it's not when your actually training. I'm not 100% sure if that's correct though so maybe somebody on here can comment on that if that's actually right or not?

D

Daniel Dormer

I usually go for around 6 hours a week and I've seen plenty results. No reason to over work yourself without enough rest because you won't see results.

D

Daniel Dormer

I usually go for around 6 hours a week and I've seen plenty results. No reason to over work yourself without enough rest because you won't see results.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think exercising in the morning for at least thirty minutes is a very good way to start the day physically. That's what I do most times and it helps a lot doing the day's jobs

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The amount of exercise would depend on your body. For a beginner with zero in the chart, start from the very beginning which is a light warm up of bending and stretching. It can be for 1 minute or up to 5 minutes to get some sweat. On the next day, if there is some pains, just repeat the exercise. But if the muscles are reacting favorably, you can maybe start with some light weights. Dumbbells are good for waking up the hibernating muscles. My suggestion for an exercise is always the progressive training where you do 10 reps today and do 11 tomorrow and then 12 on the next day and so on until your body cannot take it anymore. I am doing push ups before this hernia started bugging me. I was doing 40 already when I quit. I plan to do push ups again maybe next week so I will start what my body would permit, maybe 10 or even 15 for the first day.

P

Pharmacom

1 h 30 m Enough for a good growth of your muscles. Usually I do 7-8 exercises without cardio

Last edited:
R

remnant

Banned
It depends on one's natural athletic ability. I am a naturalist and at
40 years, I can do much more than when I was 20. But one thing which
everyone can harness is mental toughness, the ability to focus and
keep your eyes on the goal with perseverance and willpower. With this,
one can exercise for hours on end.