• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Weight control not weight loss strategy works better

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

An intervention that focuses on weight control rather than weight loss works better for socioeconomically disadvantaged black women in preventing weight gain, researchers from Duke University reported in JAMA Internal Medicine. The authors explained that encouraging African-American women to lose weight has generally been ineffective...

Last edited by a moderator:
R

remnant

Banned
The old adage that prevention is better than cure has become a cliche
but it applies here to no small measure. Many people assume that they
can feed anyhow and then 'sweat' excess calories through exercise.
This is a difficult route to travel compared to watching ones dietary
intake to mitigate weight gain in the first place. One thing which is
sure to achieve quick results is fasting.

P

Pharmacom

I think its true

R

remnant

Banned
This cannot be gainsaid. Most people assume that as long as they exercise calorie packed food is not an issue. Drastic measures like fasting are sometimes required to shed weight which is so easily gained.

- - - Updated - - -

This cannot be gainsaid. Most people assume that as long as they exercise calorie packed food is not an issue. Drastic measures like fasting are sometimes required to shed weight which is so easily gained.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When fat people would ask me how I control my weight, the reply is that’s it, weight control. Losing weight is a difficult task so why allow your body to reach that point? When you are in your ideal weight, make it a point to maintain it by controlling your food intake vis-à-vis your physical activities. If you have eaten a lot today, you have to repay it by a strenuous activity tomorrow.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To control/reduce weight we need to change our life style. We can exercise 24/7, if we have a bad diet we will never lose weight.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

An intervention that focuses on weight control rather than weight loss works better for socioeconomically disadvantaged black women in preventing weight gain, researchers from Duke University reported in JAMA Internal Medicine. The authors explained that encouraging African-American women to lose weight has generally been ineffective...

For me weight control is changing ones lifestyle, it's the complete health program from diet, nutrition, exercise, attitude and mental health. This is really the correct way of living, but it's very hard to do, that's why more and more people are just aiming for weight loss through exercise, the problem with this is exercise can make you lose weight but for how long? If a person continue in eating unhealthy food then whatever weight that was lost would surely come back.