• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bulking Up

A

aksalhotra

Dear All,

FIRST OF ALL I AM FORM INDIA AND I am coming here for knowledge/learning for good peoples.

My Question is below, please guide me

I am 138 lbs with 5.5" and would like some bulk on my body, Can anyone suggest me any good Pre workout or Gainer(Protein) with good diet plan for bulking ?

Please suggest me, My schedule is 5 days a week

Monday Chest/Upper Back
Tuesday REST
Wednesday Chest/Upper Back
Thursday Bicep/Triceps
Friday Shoulder/neck
Saturday Bicep/Triceps
Sunday REST.
Below is my pic

Thanks in advance
tqlws3.jpg

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Don't worry. There are some great guys here who will help you and there are plenty of posts already on the subject too. Stick around and I am sure you will get plenty of help.

Thanks for posting and welcome to Musclemecca!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
First of all, welcome to musclemecca!

One question though, why would you train only chest/shoulders and arms? Why not back and legs too? Also what is your current diet looking like?

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Training routines should be covering the entire body. Doing squats for legs, for example, still increases hormone production that will make the rest of your body grow. Plus, you won't look weird by having a big upper body and bitch legs.

I'm a firm believer in free weights, centering routines around the major compound exercises with an emphasis on frequency over one day volume. There are a variety of ways to set up a good routine and it's dependent on your schedule, experience, strength, diet, goals, and numerous other factors. Regardless, here's an example to get you started.

3 day routine, perform all 3 days then take a day off. Rep range should be what you can do for 7-12 reps or so with the goal being hypertrophy with less of an emphasis on endurance or strength. Adequate warm up sets should be performed for every exercise, along with appropriate rest times (2-3 minutes or as needed) as well as proper form(!). Try to beat what you did last time either by increasing the weight by 5lbs, doing an extra rep, or an extra set if you don't think you could do the aforementioned things.

Day 1:
Flat bench x3
Incline dumbbell bench x3
Seated shoulder press x3
Preacher curls x3
Dumbbell hammer curls x2
Side laterals x3

Day 2:
Bent over rows x4
Seated rows x 3
Reverse grip bench x 3
Close grip bench x2
Wide grip chin ups x3

Day 3:
Deadlifts x4
Squats x4
Some form of ab exercise x3
Some form of calf exercise x3

This is the routine that I've been doing up until recently and have had tremendous success with, though of course that's not to say it's perfect or the best one out there or the best one suited to you. Nevertheless, if you want to give it a go you will see success if you stay consistent.

Diet is a whole other can of worms I don't have time to get into haha, but the general type of food you should be looking to eat can be easily searched for. If you want a clean bulk, try to determine how many calories you need a day to maintain your body weight and then add slightly more. If you want to lose weight, eat slightly less. Center your diet around good carb and protein sources and keep it well rounded to satisfy nutritional requirements.

I don't really buy into pre workouts as I kind of feel they're a waste of money but I recommend optimum nutrition's gold standard whey for protein, although I live in the US and what's available at a good price here may be another story over there.

A

aksalhotra

Thanks you for replied.
Your question is good, "why not back and legs too"
I am not doing regularly back and legs. last 3 days I added back with chest and legs with shoulders.

My diet plan is
wake up
7:30 Protein Shake ( Muscle Juice one scoop)
10:30 normal breakfast
10:40 1 cup black coffee
1:30 lunch (Rice + Vegitable + Non Veg)
4:30 Chicken Rolls
4:40 Coffee
7:00 Pump HD Pre Work Out
9:00 4 boiled eggs
9:30 Dinner
before bed
10:00 Protein Shake (muscle juice one scoop)

M

MissPotato

I noticed you didn't work on your legs - that can be a common issue for many gym buffs. Personally I think it's better to have a holistic approach to weightlifting and bulking up. You don't wanna end up like one of those "chicken leg" guys.