• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What do we have to eat before exercise?

A

andymark

Banned
Hello everyone , can anybody tell me which diet we have to eat before doing exercise? share your views thanx.

Last edited:
J

Jocansip

Banned
Re: What we have to eat befor exercise?

Take some energy foods and drinks to boost your energy for the exercise.
You should take some fresh fruits juices, fruits shakes, protein shakes, energy drinks, yogurt, and banana etc. to boost your energy for your workout.

G

GlennMarsh

Any kind of shake is best before exercise,.
Milk shake or protein shake is very beneficial before exercise because its give you energy to do your workout easily and build your stamina,.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Any kind of shake is best before exercise,.
Milk shake or protein shake is very beneficial before exercise because its give you energy to do your workout easily and build your stamina,.

Why shakes before workouts and not a meal?

T

teamuscle

I have always been asking this same question because sometimes I feel like I am not getting the most from my workouts because I am not eating the right foods before.

N

NewMan

Chicken is low in fat and high on protein.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

I have always been asking this same question because sometimes I feel like I am not getting the most from my workouts because I am not eating the right foods before.

Depends on your goals, but most of the time a balanced meal with protein/carbs and fats is the best before a workout imo.

L

ljwright

Id would have to agree that as far as pre-workout eating, a shake beforehand may be better than a full meal. Then again it really does depend on your individual goals.

T

teamuscle

I try to get as much protein as I can into my diet before my workout. I also like to get a good balance amount of carbs throughout the day so that I am able to get more energy when I actually begin my workout.

xyzhustler

xyzhustler

I go with about 20-30 g carbs with my meal when I opt for a meal before lifting -not so close but close enough to where I feel good about lifting and not so far that I think I need a meal

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
shajam

shajam

I think it totally depend on which and how much exercise you are going to do.. But normally i think protein shakes, fresh juices and oatmeal are all time best option

T

teamuscle

So it is better than to get my protein after my workout seeing that I just demolished my muscles what they will be looking for is protein.

G

GenevB

As others have said, it's best someone's eating a few simple carbohydrates, because they give you the energy to go through a hard session of training, just make sure you let a window of 30 minutes before working out after you ate just so your body absorbs the nutrients. Also if you feel sleepy you can try a cup of instant coffee, just don't make a habit out of it.

KingArcher

KingArcher

A few carbs and a bit of caffeine makes for a great workout session. The carbs give you enough energy and make you feel strong while the caffeine suppresses sleep and keeps you alert and focused. I do this before nearly every workout and it does wonders.

Ironninja

Ironninja

I've always heard that most of your carbs should be eaten before your hardest workout session...
Something like an hour before.
I've also heard that it's a good idea to get some sugar in. Like a piece of fruit 30 mins before starting your session.
Am I way off here?

Also, I don't understand how people can drink whey protein like 30 mins before working out...
Either you're not getting your heart rate up there, or you're just way better than I am at not puking your guts out

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

I eat something light and easy to digest like eggs and oats sometimes I'll hit a shake but food works so much better for strength and energy.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Best thing to eat before a workout is pussy.

I wish. I usually eat rice and chicken. Lots.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Best thing to eat before a workout is pussy.

I wish. I usually eat rice and chicken. Lots.
I agree but if I'm gonna eat pussy before a workout I won't make it to the gym because there better be some return service after I eat then it's nap time

C

coolyfrost

Pre-workout you should focus on consuming carbs to give you a boost of energy while training. Make sure to eat between thirty minutes to two hours before your workout however, depending on how much you eat. Also, another important thing is for you to drink a bit of water before workout to hydrate your muscles before you start pumping weights.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Well for bodybuilding food you also need lots of protein!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk