• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Vigorous activity often precedes heart attacks, stroke at work

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Research that will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology's Annual meeting in Philadelphia, PA, reveals that firefighters who died due to vascular events, such as heart attack or stroke, were mostly engaging in vigorous physical activity just before the attack.The investigators, led by Dr.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These firefighters could have been in better shape I would say, because stroke risk is about 20% greater for couch pototoes. I would do some light to moderate workouts that would bring you to a sweat, and this should help you out.

G

GuestHu

Banned
It is sad to know that a healthy strong firefighter who can do a strenuous activity can die from cardiac arrest. And as I researched about this event I learned that Cardiac arrest happens when the heart's electrical system suddenly malfunctions or ceases its role. And the common symptoms that greatly increase the risk of death from cardiac arrest are narrowed arteries (Coronary artery disease) and abnormal structure of the heart, such as enlarged heart and an increased wall thickness of the heart's left ventricle. So even though you work out quite well and eat healthy veggies, you can possibly die from cardiac arrest if the shape of your heart or artery is unusual.