• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pre and post workout meal

M

muneel

Hey..
I wanna know about your pre and post workout diet so can you please share what do you like to take meal before workout and after workout..??
waiting for your replies

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Good question for sure. Someone will reply with good information.

skywatcher

skywatcher

I'm not exactly how "helpful" my reply could be, but my diet pre- and post- workout always consists of:

(Water is a constant companion, for sure)
Pre-workout:
My pre-workout always occurs during lunch. Because I live in the Philippines, rice is a staple food. I always make sure I have a single cup everyday, with as much fiber (I eat a lot of bananas and the meat of chicken) as possible. After three hours, I start my workout by eating about three bananas.

Post-workout:
My post-workout consists of another batch of bananas and a vegetable salad (no mayonnaise, though, just vegetable oil). I also eat fish, and about an apple.

I'm not sure how "effective" this is but so far this has worked out nicely for me, haha!

I don't get to do this everyday, though. I just get to do this whenever I have all the things I need - but if I don't have the bananas, I make sure I'm able to eat vegetables after, the fish after, and a cup of rice and chicken meat before ​the workout.

W

Wetdawg

I workout after working a 12+ hour shift. I keep it light ( No less than One Hour before workout) Usually a Protein drink. After workout within 5 minutes I drink another Protein drink, right at the gym. Solid meal comes within One Hour of workout. Normally Chicken Breast, Spinach or Kale. I can do rice or Sweet potatoes but try to stay away from Carbs more than 3 times a week.

G

GlennMarsh

Guys my pre-workout meal consist of carbs, and my post-workout meal is a protein shake..
I also love take banana shake before my workout because its give me extra power during my workout,.

G

GlennMarsh

Guys my pre-workout meal consist of carbs, and my post-workout meal is a protein shake..
I also love take banana shake before my workout because its give me extra power during my workout,.

Last edited by a moderator:
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Your links have been removed. We do not appreciate people joining the site and posting just to spam a link.

T

teamuscle

Before I begin to work out I like to load up on carbs so that I will be able to have the max amount of energy when I begin to workout. After I have finished working out I like to have a protein shake and then I consume something that has lots of protein in it. Now I know this might not be the ideal thing but I like to eat something like chicken breast just something that will give me enough protein so that my muscles will have something that they can feed on.

JasonNorin

JasonNorin

Was about to ask the same question.. Thanks for sharing some answers. :)

It is really hard to maintain a healthy diet if you will compare your usual meal to the new ones. haha

M

MeganSilva

If you are take any carb related diet before starting your workout that will help you to increase you energy and after workout you can eat healthy food.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
DECATEST

DECATEST

Hello, i would suggest you to use high quality isolate,like nitrotech as a prework out meal,i use it for last 3 years, and didnt find anything better.As post work out meal use maltodextrin immediately after gym,and 30-40 min later fish or chicken with rice or potato.After 1 hour can one more protein shake

Escoda

Escoda

Pre workout meal is usually dinner so for ease of mind I like to put a little extra carbs in them, chicken with pasta seems to be a combination for me that will give the needed energy as well as 2 cups of coffee.

Post workout I like to have my protein shake (no time window, I don't believe in it) with a banana for sugars or some dextrose depending on how much time I have.

Whenever I don't do one of these things I will either feel it during weight lifting or the next day with more sore muscles but that might just be me.

H

hell2say

Hey..
I wanna know about your pre and post workout diet so can you please share what do you like to take meal before workout and after workout..??
waiting for your replies

Everyone has their own diet plans based on their own fitness goals. So, all the post may not be helpful for you. It'd be better if you had specified your fitness goal. Are you focusing on mass muscle or lean muscle?

On a surface, you can keep one thing in mind. Before workout, go for complex carbohydrates because it gives you energy to lift weights and do cardio. Then after workout, go for protein because it speeds your muscle recovery, and also go for fibre because it will make you feel full so that you won't have cravings for carbohydrates.

G

GoldMedalSupplements

MuscleMecca Sponsors
VIP
Sponsor
Hey..
waiting for your replies

A fair amount has already been mentioned in this thread, but I did want to add that it is always a good idea to make sure you are getting a full compliment of BCAA's to your before and after workout meals. Actually, it is ideal to get them before, during and afterwards.

The reason for this is that BCAA's add the basis for muscle building, while they also help you shed fat at the same time...and they are best consumed before, during and after the workout. Obviously you aren't going to be eating during the workout, but you can supplement with them in the form of drink between sets.

Adding BCAA's to your meal plan in this way will yield far greater results than if without, and there is countless studies and clinical data out there to back this up.

Try it, and I am sure in very little time you will see what a difference this can make to your results.

Fitspired

Fitspired

Personally, my pre-workout meals are composed of two groups: carbs and protein. If you can, at least 30 minutes before your workout, eat your pre-workout meal. Protein can include: fish, chicken, beef or egg whites. While carbs may include: quinoa, brown rice or even oatmeal.

My post-workout meals are also composed of the same groups. Why? Well, after you workout, chances are, your body needs to replenish and reenergise. And what better way to do that than to eat what you have lost. I would usually have rice with some viand like vegetables or chicken. If I prefer, I'd combine that with some protein shake.

That's it, very simple. I don't like complicated diet plans really. And so far, this has worked for me anyway.

R

rajuii

I would just recommend you to take light meal before the workout session and after the workout session you can eat the high calorie and high protein stuff so that it help you build the muscle (i.e your goal).

Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail

Banned
I don't usually have a particular pre and post work out meal. What I normally do is just drink water after I woke up, take a rest, do some stretching then work out. I don't do heavy workouts though, I'm more of a dance person. I love doing cardio hip hop and that's what I do almost everyday. Anyway, after working out, I don't have certain meals to eat. I eat anything as long as it isn't much fat and carbs, I'm more on meat, fish and eggs :)

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I eat my last full meal 3-4 hours before my workout, sometimes when I arrived at the gym I would either snack on a Snickers bar or drink a healthy smoothie and some water about 30-45 minutes before my workout. My post workout meal would be about 1/4-1/2 chicken with a cup of rice and some salad greens or one big burger and coleslaw, or other chicken and beef dishes. I take my dinner 2 hours after workout.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My usual food when I am on a workout program is beef and other meat like pork and chicken plus lots of vegetables. My drink would be fruit juice to give me vitamin C for resistance because when the body is fatigued it is susceptible to common diseases like flu and colds. My meal comes at least 3 hours after the workout so my body is rested. I am conducive to acidic stomach and it occurs when I am tired so I need ample time for resting before I eat.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some good pre-workout foods that will give you plenty of energy are fruit smoothies, bananas, oats, chicken with rice and vegetables, and some greek yogurt will work great as well.