• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Strengthening activities in childhood can lead to a decrease in cardiometabolic health risks

• Thread starter Bodybuilding News
  • Start date
Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Until recently, treatment for adolescent obesity and associated health problems has focused mostly on diet modifications and aerobic exercise such as walking or swimming.But a recent research study appearing this month in Pediatrics by Paul M. Gordon, Ph.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
skywatcher

skywatcher

Whoa, this is the first time I've read this. This actually makes sense, because I actually grew as an obese kid during my childhood days until my uncle encouraged me to work out. So far, I've been in good shape - this probably explains why I've developed a much faster metabolism and a better stamina than my other colleagues. Thanks for the article!

M

maxpower

Its quite shocking to hear the news. I thought starting to workout at an early age will lead to much defined bone structure and increase immunity. But contrary to my belief it is prooved to cause cardio metabolic risks which may affect the health later. So it is better to stay away from strengthening exercises at an early age.

C

Concentrix

A lot of children are getting obese for a variety of reasons. But the most common causes are lack of exercise and unhealthy eating habits. And sometimes parents should know the level of their children's risk of getting diabetes, heart disease or stroke. Through that, they will help their children live a longer and healthier life by finding ways to put them into physical activities such as weightlifting or any combative sports.