• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Site Maintanance Coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Hey all,

We will be moving to a new server either this week or next week. We have had the same server since since 2012 and there are much better ones now for the same cost.

I plan on doing this during the week so we do not disrupt our scheduled event coverage.

I hope to make this as painless as possible but if you notice slow downs or issues please be patient as I work things out.

If there are any issues with the site during this move please visit our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterst and YouTube accounts. I am hopeful though this will be painless. Our server contract has expired and the only way they will let me get onto a new contract with the new prices and specs is to move to another server. It is the last thing I want to do but I do not have a choice here. Hopefully you guys will not even notice but I have to prepare.

Also, please feel free to donate a few dollars towards our hosting if you want. There is a new donation link on the left side of the site. Even a dollar or two would be greatly appreciated. Right now our sponsors do not even come close to covering the dedicated server costs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks,
TalkAdmin

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks for the updates. I'm happy to donate something next week but it won't be much. Good luck with the work.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
##Update - I am still planning on starting this maintenance tomorrow night but we are having a hard time getting ip addresses allocated for the new server. If this does not happen by tomorrow I am going to put this on hold until they get it straightened out. The problem is that I already paid for the new server and the old contract expires. I have also spent the last week setting up the new server. We will see what happens with the ip addresses. If they come through than we will proceed as planned.

I do not expect much down time but there will be a brief period of time when the new name servers are being propagated. During this time some people may see the site on the new server and some may see it on the old server. As soon as it is done propagating it will be entirely on the new server for everyone. I will let people know when I start this process. Hopefully we will not have to worry about this again for another 2 years and the site should be quicker loading as well so it should be good for mm.

Thanks for the patience guys!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Image test - #Updating permissions..image uploading should be fine in a couple minutes

Scorecard fig2

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
All set guys, feel free to post any bugs in this forum. Just start a new thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.