• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tribute to Flex Wheeler! his top 6 greatest showings!

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Musclemecca Bodybuilding Feeds - Your source for Bodybuilding News in the Muscle world!

Welcome to the third installment of the ''Tribute to..'' series! In this chapter I will be giving you my top 6 favorite showing of a bodybuilder who many of the current era trying to emulate. He is my all time favorite and many people's absolute no discussion favorite too. There is simply no...
Welcome to the third installment of the ''Tribute to..'' series!

In this chapter I will be giving you my top 6 favorite showing of a bodybuilder who many of the current era trying to emulate. He is my all time favorite and many people's absolute no discussion favorite too. There is simply no doubt that this man should have had at least 3 sandow trophies had the sandow recievers never existed. Besides the fact that Flex Wheeler is a hall of famer and an uncrowned Mr Olympia in every sense of the word; many people will never argue with the fact that this man was and probably will always be one of the most genetically superior beings to ever grace the stage of bodybuilding.

Flex's physique represents the good past, the past of the symmetrical flowy physiques; many people, when discussing the golden age of bodybuilding, the first picture that pops in their heads is the back double biceps of the great Flex Wheeler in the 90s..

ENOUGH CHIT CHAT! here is my tribute to my all time favorite bodybuilder Kenneth Flex Wheeler!

6th Place: 1998 Mr Olympia
f1050021-1.jpg

This Flex Wheeler version was a version that was not completely in it at the 98' Olympia. Flex admitted himself that he didn't put a 100% into the show simply because he didn't believe he could win it. Also a sidenote, Ronnie Coleman actually beat Flex at the 98' NOC, that might have had something to do with it. Flex was ripped but not dead bone dry like Ronnie was that year..

5th Place: 1992 NPC Mr USA championships
FlexWheeler7-1.jpg

Now this was the beginning of Flex's perfection, and when I say perfection, I do MEAN perfection. It is suprising to have his 98' version below his 92 version but yes it's there. Flex had placed 2nd twice in 90 and 91 behinde both Mike Matarazzo and Kevin Levrone and finally got the nod at the 92 Mr USA. Was Flex as cut up as the later years? Well, no and yes, he was definatly perfect at the 92 USA but if anything I'd say his structure and posing routine and aestethics is what carried him to the title, and deservingly so!

4th Place: 1999 Mr Olympia
flexwheeler-1.jpg

Well, living on one kidney was not good, despite that, Flex brought one of his fullest, biggest, freakiest and coolest look up to that point. However, he didn't push Ronnie one bit ánd ended up in 2nd place. This Flex was bigger than his 98' Olympia showing, he was in a better state of mind than his 98' Olympia showing and also came in very close to his 98 Olympia conditioning. This look was good enough to hold off a dangerous Chris Cormier but not contend against a maximum level Ronnie..

3rd Place: 1998 Ironman Pro Invitational
attachmentphpattachmentid4038651d1326494-1.jpg

One of the most complete versions of Flex, he simply had all the attributes that that era required, he was full, he was hard, he was in EXCELENT condition. His arms were the best in the show and had separation that was never seen before from him. His posing routie was excelent and he was bigger than his 97 AC showing, much bigger! This was almost a mix between 98 Olympia and 99 Olympia to say the least!

2nd Place: 1993 Arnold Classic
img_1229371534_1-1.jpg

I know I know.. there is no sequence to these placings, one is bigger, one is cut so how the hell can a smaller version of Flex Wheeler be 2nd place and a larger like the 98 IMP be 3rd place???? Simply because of how PERFECT and appealing he looked! The 93 Arnold Classic was his 2nd pro show and he won it respectivly! he had a beautiful gracious posing routine that to this just leaves everyone in awe! Physiquewise he was SHREDDED, his triceps were full, his back was ridiculous and that split left even the great arnold himself in complete shock and awe! But.. there is a cartoonish version that emerged the same year that had details that were never seen before, I'm not sure if it's the camera or he really looked like that.. check it out below..

and the WINNER is...

1st Place: 1993 Mr Olympia!!!
indexphpviewimageformatrawtypeimgid39543-1.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the MOST PERFECT AND COMPLETE PHYSIQUE to ever grace a stage (IMO) in bodybuilding! Flex Wheeler shocked the world by placing 2nd at that contest next to a transformer. I wouldn't go as far as saying he should have won, but Flex displayed imo the most perfect physique in the history of bodybuilding. He had the back of Haney, the arms of Arnold, and the posing routine that started slowly and ROCKED the stage towards the ending! More important, he was DRY as hell! His back was striated very much 2012 Kai-like, in every pose! IN EVERY SINGLE DAMN pose, the striations in his lats would explode at you! so now.. enough hype and enthusiasm, you now officially know why I love and will always have the 1993 Mr Olympia version of the great Flex Wheeler as my favorite until I die!

Hope you enjoyed this installment as much as I enjoyed making it!
Thank you!