• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My Thoughts on Ramy at the 2014 NY Pro

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Musclemecca Bodybuilding Feeds - Your source for Bodybuilding News in the Muscle world!

For what it's worth, I'd like to share my thoughts about Ramy at this year's NY Pro Besides the fact that he brought the best package, some people seem to overlook the past two months that Ramy had to endure. The respiratory infection that knocked the big man down and threw him in the emergency...
For what it's worth, I'd like to share my thoughts about Ramy at this year's NY Pro

Besides the fact that he brought the best package, some people seem to overlook the past two months that Ramy had to endure. The respiratory infection that knocked the big man down and threw him in the emergency room would have been something that any pro in their right mind would have not taken lightly and rest and not compete in any shows in the near future. It's been noted that he was without food for 25 days and the hospital had to mechanically give him nutrients just to keep him alive. 25 days with minimal nutrients for a man that size is no where near enough to sustain his size, which is why he lost quite a bit of weight.

However that didn't slow him down. After his arguably "full" recovery, he went back to Arizona (which Dennis James said that when he met Ramy at the airport he still wasn't talking because of the infection) and began a series of grueling series training and dieting. We saw him a few weeks later at the Pittsburgh Pro guest posing and it was evident the toll the infection took on him and he looked to be 5 weeks out of a show only 2 weeks away. There we go again, we thought he wasn't going to follow through with it.

But that didn't stop Ramy. Dennis James took him out of the spotlight for the following two weeks, releasing very minimal information about the big man and focused more on the other Menace Athletes. So most people came to the conclusion that this was Dennis' way of signaling the unfortunate news that Ramy was out (or so we thought).

Behind the scenes, Ramy was in the gym day and night busting his ass off preparing for a relatively well stacked show so he doesn't let the fans down or Dennis James, or more importantly himself.

And here we have it: Ramy releases the information that he was going to be at the show. We're all put in suspense not knowing what package he was going to bring. And yesterday, when Ramy walked on that stage, it blew everyone away. It's like a month or so ago this man wasn't lying in a hospital bed gasping for breath. Not only that, but he still had it in him to smile with every pose on stage.

And he WON. Ramy is the only bodybuilder other than Kai Greene to successfully win the NY Pro title twice. And Ramy won them in a row. Last year, on the day he won, his beautiful daughter was born. And this year, given all that he's been through, he managed to bring home another win for his family and fans and for himself.

Way to go Big Ramy!