• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Three great bodybuilding benefits of casein protein

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

Bodybuilding, or even just weight training in general, and protein go hand in hand with one another. Protein is a bodybuilder’s best friend and closest ally when it comes to building muscle and maximizing performance and recovery pre, intra, and post-workout. Protein is vital for the growth and repair of the cells of muscle tissues and fibres which is why bodybuilders have to follow high protein diets. When we lift weights, we don’t actually build muscle at all, in fact, we do quite the opposite as we actually destroy our muscles. We build muscle when we rest, particularly whilst we sleep, as the body repairs and rebuilds these muscle tissues and fibres even bigger and stronger than they once were. In order for the body to do this however, it needs nutrients, particularly nutrients found in the amino acids that make up protein. Without these nutrients, we wouldn’t be able to build muscle, or rather, our bodies wouldn’t be able to build muscle. There are many different forms of protein, and protein supplements are now unbelievably popular all over the world, and for good reason too. When it comes to popular protein supplements however, whey protein tends to be most people’s protein of choice. Whilst whey protein does possess a number of benefits, it also has its drawbacks too, which is where casein protein comes in. Casein protein is another popular form of protein, and is much different to whey for a variety of different reasons. Here we’ll be looking at three benefits associated with casein protein.

Casein protein helps promote increased muscle retention – Many bodybuilders go through periods in which they drastically cut back on their body fat levels in order for the muscles to look even more impressive. The problem with any low calorie diet is that losses of lean muscle mass can also often occur, which is the last thing any bodybuilder wants, as the goal is to lose fat and build or retain lean muscle. Numerous studies however, have revealed that casein protein can actually lead to increased levels of muscle retention whilst under a calorie deficit, which many experts believe is down to the fact that casein protein is so slow to be digested and broken down, which brings us to our next benefit...

Casein protein is a slow digesting protein – Individuals with higher levels of muscle mass require much more calories just to maintain the muscle than regular sized people. When the body doesn’t get these calories and nutrients however, it taps into the next nearest source, which is ironically, its own muscle stores. When we go to bed for instance, the body can fall into a catabolic state as it will require protein and energy throughout the night. The great thing about casein protein, is that as it’s so slow to be digested, it provides the body with the proteins and nutrients that it needs throughout the night, keeping it in an anabolic state.

Casein protein can help to promote colon health – Some individuals on more standard high protein diets actually put themselves at risk of suffering from colon related health problems later on in life. Studies conducted in casein protein however, have actually revealed that these dairy related proteins can actually offer colon and digestive related health advantages, as opposed to proteins found in meats and soy products.

Copyright © 2014 MuscleMecca.com

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

I use it before bed time ed

Fitspired

Fitspired

Casein protein comes from milk and milk-derived products. Casein protein is a phosphorus containing protein and it actually makes up 80% of milk, the remaining 20% is whey. Some call it the curd or the slow digesting part of milk. It is the insoluble part of the milk, while whey is the soluble part. It is complete in amino acids and has active peptides.

What I love about casein is like you said, it's a slow-digesting protein. I think that is the greatest advantage of taking casein, you'll have a slow but steady flow of amino acids for your body even lasting for a few hours. I have noticed as well that after I included casein-rich milk in my diet, I had more strength in my workouts. I try to drink milk at least once a day or twice if I can remember it. One during the evening and one again throughout the day.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Bodybuilding, or even just weight training in general, and protein go hand in hand with one another. Protein is a bodybuilder’s best friend and closest ally when it comes to building muscle and maximizing performance and recovery pre, intra, and post-workout. Protein is vital for the growth and repair of the cells of muscle tissues and fibres which is why bodybuilders have to follow high protein diets. When we lift weights, we don’t actually build muscle at all, in fact, we do quite the opposite as we actually destroy our muscles. We build muscle when we rest, particularly whilst we sleep, as the body repairs and rebuilds these muscle tissues and fibres even bigger and stronger than they once were. In order for the body to do this however, it needs nutrients, particularly nutrients found in the amino acids that make up protein. Without these nutrients, we wouldn’t be able to build muscle, or rather, our bodies wouldn’t be able to build muscle. There are many different forms of protein, and protein supplements are now unbelievably popular all over the world, and for good reason too. When it comes to popular protein supplements however, whey protein tends to be most people’s protein of choice. Whilst whey protein does possess a number of benefits, it also has its drawbacks too, which is where casein protein comes in. Casein protein is another popular form of protein, and is much different to whey for a variety of different reasons. Here we’ll be looking at three benefits associated with casein protein.

Casein protein helps promote increased muscle retention – Many bodybuilders go through periods in which they drastically cut back on their body fat levels in order for the muscles to look even more impressive. The problem with any low calorie diet is that losses of lean muscle mass can also often occur, which is the last thing any bodybuilder wants, as the goal is to lose fat and build or retain lean muscle. Numerous studies however, have revealed that casein protein can actually lead to increased levels of muscle retention whilst under a calorie deficit, which many experts believe is down to the fact that casein protein is so slow to be digested and broken down, which brings us to our next benefit...

Casein protein is a slow digesting protein – Individuals with higher levels of muscle mass require much more calories just to maintain the muscle than regular sized people. When the body doesn’t get these calories and nutrients however, it taps into the next nearest source, which is ironically, its own muscle stores. When we go to bed for instance, the body can fall into a catabolic state as it will require protein and energy throughout the night. The great thing about casein protein, is that as it’s so slow to be digested, it provides the body with the proteins and nutrients that it needs throughout the night, keeping it in an anabolic state.

Casein protein can help to promote colon health – Some individuals on more standard high protein diets actually put themselves at risk of suffering from colon related health problems later on in life. Studies conducted in casein protein however, have actually revealed that these dairy related proteins can actually offer colon and digestive related health advantages, as opposed to proteins found in meats and soy products.

Copyright © 2014 MuscleMecca.com
I drink it every night before bed and in mid night rest I'll get up for a muscle milk

Last edited by a moderator:
ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I stay away from any and all of the soy based proteins..

R

remnant

Banned
The best casein protein when one is going for prolonged exercise is micellar casein which is slow release and supplies the bodie's needs for longer. The action me whey and casein is basically similar and if possible, both should be taken together.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I stay away from any and all of the soy based proteins..

I do agree with you on soy protein, it creates a lot of problems, whey and casein protein which are both dairy based are still the best with no health risks.