• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilders death a mystery

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Michael Butters from Billingham was found by his parents on June 14 last year, unresponsive in his bed. They still have no idea how he died. A post mortem provided no evidence of the cause of the death.

Malcolm Donnelly, Hartlepool senior coroner:
I can’t say his death was natural or unnatural.
It might be that medical science in 100 years’ time is more advanced to determine this sort of thing but that is no comfort to you.

Pathologist Dr Kaushik Dasgupta, said there was also evidence that Michael Butters had adrenal wasting and fibrosis of the heart> This would not have been a cause of concern or attributed to his death.

Michael Butters, a bodybuilder worked as a mobile ice cream seller and did not have a medical history of any concern. Cleveland Police also concluded his death was not suspicious and was treated as unexplained.

There was some suggestions that he used steroids but toxicology tests came back negative.

Malcolm Donnelly, Hartlepool senior coroner:
You knew your son was a bodybuilder

He kept fit and there was some suggestion he used steroids.

This was investigated and a sample was sent to King’s College, London, for analysis - the tests for anabolic steroids came back negative as did the test for other drugs.

It is a comfort to people as to what leads to someone’s death. I am sorry we have not been able to find out in you son’s case.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not blaming steroids, but being clean in a test doesn't mean you haven't been on drugs a couple months ago...

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I'm not blaming steroids, but being clean in a test doesn't mean you haven't been on drugs a couple months ago...

True for sure.

N

NewMan

He died but nobody knows what killed him after an autopsy?

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Please add updates. This is freaky.

J

jamescaxton

I'm not blaming steroids,
trid726295550758877ampevPixelInitialized-1.jpg

T

teamuscle

Wow this is extremely freaky and I mean even after many test they still cannot find out how he died. I mean I do not think that the family would feel any kind of closure it's like when you find out what the person died from you tend to feel a bit better but when someone dies and you do not know what they died from you could feel a bit weird you know. I hope they find out soon.

R

rz3300

Banned
Well I am not a medical expert but adrenal wasting certainly does not sound good. This is very sad, and it is frustrating for the family to not really know what happened. It is nice to get closure whenever we lose somebody that we love, and this is probably just a big hurdle to that that is standing in their way, which is really unfortunate. I hope they have a support system in place and they recover well. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

T

tpicks

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shocking that the cause of death for Michael Butters was not known. I am not sure if adrenal wasting has any link to steroids

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Using steroids for a long time is not healthy and we all know it, but it's not proven either that there is a direct relation, as there are some death causes who cannot be explained, as science fails to explain it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff