• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Leg Workouts

W

wulfman

Does anybody else hate working out their legs. I lift three times a week and the day I work out my legs is the day I hate the most. I see very little improvement in my calves and thighs, hardly any tone or growth but I do get stronger and add more weight to my leg exercises each month.

xyzhustler

xyzhustler

I've found consistency is key to avoiding that dreaded "leg day" onset muscle fatigue, the reason people hate it is because they arent used to it. I never hated it per se, just was an armfreak most of my life until I got into it now I love leg day, so many benefits to doing them I look forward to it and relish it.

Last edited:
W

wulfman

What benefit lmao. I use it as an off day for my arms, chest , shoulders and back. I know true weight lifters lift for that mental fitness you get, not superficial looks. But I really have to force myself to squat, leg press or leg curls. But since I have started lifting my calves look NO different then they were before. And the rest of my body showed growth. I gained 25 lbs almost. Thighs were a big bigger.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love doing legs but all I do now is squats, a couple kinds and stationary bike with tension at full.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I try to be consistent and do 6 days a week but occasionally I need an extra recovery day. if I do take a day off from the 6 days I will do cardio. i try to do some cardio every day. I need to focus on legs more! i hate squats, hurt my knees. I do them about 3 times week though.

T

teamuscle

I will tell you that I am one of the people that really hate leg days. Honestly to me leg days are some of the most brutal days on my body. Another thing is the amount of pain that you feel in your body after you have worked out your legs. It is really not a good feeling but I just think that you have to be balanced when you are building your body.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For taller people it can be even harder to build the legs up, like Arnold had to deal with. A real mass builder which are Squats - the squat increases the power, spring and speed of the legs, and increases the size of the thigh as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I was a teenager and playing basketball, our coach gave me an exercise to improve my jump. He said that my slim legs need some more muscles. It is a simple tiptoe on the stairs and let the toes hold your body by moving upward and downward. The position is like going up the stair and you can hold on the banister so you will not fall. Stay on just one step and do the exercise of pumping the toes up and down for several reps until your toes hurt. Do that every day. But take note that the muscles are not permanent because the leg will be back to normal when you stop that exercise.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Does anybody else hate working out their legs. I lift three times a week and the day I work out my legs is the day I hate the most. I see very little improvement in my calves and thighs, hardly any tone or growth but I do get stronger and add more weight to my leg exercises each month.

Personally, I do leg workouts from time to time. Drills such as jumping jacks, squats, lunge, mountain climbing and rope skipping but I don't engage in leg weight push up because I saw one guy his bone shattered in the process.