• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Clicking Or Knocking In My Shoulder

T

teamuscle

Lately I have been realizing that after my shoulder workouts that I have been have some clicking sounds in my shoulder as if my should is out of place and I have been experiencing some really bad pain in my should but I have been working out through it. Do you think that I should go and get this checked or is it something normal that happens all the time?

T

teamuscle

No one? Well the funny thing is now I am having pain in my right shoulder is seems like the muscle is torn but I have not been to the doctor to have it checked out as yet and I think if it starts to feel worst then I should just probably take a break.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, I've gone through this also and had to change up my work outs and lessen weight.

T

teamuscle

Yes, I've gone through this also and had to change up my work outs and lessen weight.

For some strange reason I thought to myself that maybe if I began to push my self a bit harder then that would make it stop well you know what happened. So now I know to myself that I should just lessen the weight and work my way back up and see what happens.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Nope, that is the worst thing you can do. I also have these issues but I am older at 47 so for me I think it is permanent at this stage. it is bearable for me but I am unable to lift as much as I want too weight wise.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I learned something today from a friend of mine. I think my grip on the barbell was too wide and was causing extra stress on my shoulder. I am trying to do a narrower grip now and will let you know how that goes in the next few weeks.

This is what I am doing for chest now every 3 or 4 days.
Incline Barbell Bench Press: Warm up and 4 sets of 5– 8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 5– 8 reps
Flat Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 5 – 8 reps

T

teamuscle

I think that I will go and get it examined because now all of a sudden my whole shoulder is just painting me and I am really concerned as to what could be the problem because it Weird now that my whole shoulder is hurting me. So I am thinking that I will go and see the doctor.

T

teamuscle

I think that I will go and get it examined because now all of a sudden my whole shoulder is just paining me and I am really concerned as to what could be the problem because it Weird now that my whole shoulder is hurting me. So I am thinking that I will go and see the doctor.

J

jozifp103

sounds like a rotator cuff issue. I would go easy on it. Torn rotators can take a very long time to heal, and they don't heal without rest. General rule of thumb for the next few months should be "if it hurts, don't do it."

supplement with fish oil, glucosamine, and keep the anti inflammatory handy. It will heal if you're not stubborn like i was. I had that problem for 5 years before i finally smartened up and let it heal properly.

T

teamuscle

sounds like a rotator cuff issue. I would go easy on it. Torn rotators can take a very long time to heal, and they don't heal without rest. General rule of thumb for the next few months should be "if it hurts, don't do it."

supplement with fish oil, glucosamine, and keep the anti inflammatory handy. It will heal if you're not stubborn like i was. I had that problem for 5 years before i finally smartened up and let it heal properly.

Thanks for the advice I have not been able to go to the doctor as yet because I am a bit behind on my insurance but I have been putting measures in place for me to get a bit more rest just to ensure that I do not damage anymore so that I could heal and be able to get it checked out by a doctor.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

jozifp103

Thanks for the advice I have not been able to go to the doctor as yet because I am a bit behind on my insurance but I have been putting measures in place for me to get a bit more rest just to ensure that I do not damage anymore so that I could heal and be able to get it checked out by a doctor.
yea thats a good idea. just be weary if he recommends a cortisone shot because although they relieve pain, cortisone actually breaks down tissue and can cause more damage and weaken the injury. Exactly what ended dorian yates's bbing career.

T

teamuscle

yea thats a good idea. just be weary if he recommends a cortisone shot because although they relieve pain, cortisone actually breaks down tissue and can cause more damage and weaken the injury. Exactly what ended dorian yates's bbing career.

Whoa that's really serious.