• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Richard Hooley's First Title in the UK

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Richard Hooley competed and won his first UK title at the 2014 British Natural Bodybuilding Federation(BNBF) finals at the Echo Arena in Liverpool. Hooley competes in the in the masters over-60 category!

Richard Hooley

Richard Hooley
Four of us had made it through the regional qualifiers to the British finals and this included the current Drug Free Athletes Coalition (DFAC) world champion Lloyd Stewart, who had beaten me in the BNBF British finals in 2013.

This time my improved size and condition prevailed over Lloyd's immense physique and I was thrilled to take the title and even more so to receive an invitation to join the BNBF British team and compete in the DFAC 2014 World Championships in Miami in November.

My preparation for the contest had been so strict that I just couldn't resist the temptation of my usual post-contest curry, but with the prospect of competing in a World Championships in just a few weeks' time, the next day I was back onto my contest diet and training routine.

Not bad for a guy in his 60s! Richard Hooley is a Bath Natural Bodybuilder and must adhere to strict policies regarding the use of drugs and banned substances. Not only must they pass a urine test but also a polygraph! All World and British finalists must do this.

Copyright © 2014
MuscleMecca.com

R

rz3300

Banned
Well congrats to him and I am sure that he put a lot of work in. I think you really have to be impressed and inspired by these guys, and I hope that I can be even half as in-shape as they are by the time I am that age. Now that I think about, I hope I can safely make it to that age, let alone win competitions. It just goes to show you what some hard work and dedication can do for you, and it is a lesson we should all take to heart. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.