• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Flax seed Oil

W

wulfman

Is this a good way to increase your calorie intake for the day? I was reading a couple of articles where guys said it helped them out a lot and included it in their diet. Is it more of a vitamin/mineral type thing or does it just give you a calorie boost ? TIA.

G

GOTGrowth

How many calories is the flax seed oil supplement you are interested in?

W

wulfman

I have not picked out any specific supplements yet. Mainly because I am just lifting when I have time right now. I have just read about it online. But there is something like 2000 calories in one cup. So I would imagine a couple of table spoons have a few hundred calories. But is it just for calories or is there a nutritional benefit to it ?

W

wulfman

Here is a link. And all of the calories are from fat. Including saturated fat. Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Flaxseed oil

From what I gather it is just to put on some mass fast (in lipid form) and then it is up to you to condition your workout to turn it into muscle.

G

GOTGrowth

Theres a nutritional benefit to it. Its helps you become healthier. It has omega 3's in it and can Reduce the risk of cancer. Aid in the growth of healthy hair and nails. Promote healthy skin. Reduce menopause symptoms. Play a role in burning body fat.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Never tried the flax seed oil, but I've always used fish oil instead. It definitely helps in a diet!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Olive oil is the only oil I have. I don't believe I need fish oil, as I eat 160gr of tune every day.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Olive oil is the only oil I have. I don't believe I need fish oil, as I eat 160gr of tune every day.
What kind of tuna? Are you worried about mercury?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

Canned or fresh tuna?

G

GOTGrowth

Does anyone use EFA's?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Essential fatty acid? I never have.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have not picked out any specific supplements yet. Mainly because I am just lifting when I have time right now. I have just read about it online. But there is something like 2000 calories in one cup. So I would imagine a couple of table spoons have a few hundred calories. But is it just for calories or is there a nutritional benefit to it ?

2000 calories in one cup for Flax seed oil! Holy shit batman!

G

GOTGrowth

Essential fatty acid? I never have.
Yes I think thats an interesting discussion to get going if EFA can replace Fish oil, or flax seed oil. I know EFA can help with fat loss.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is it? A gel tab? A liquid?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Canned tuna, I'm afraid...

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Canned tuna, I'm afraid...
If you want some good tuna even canned it at whole foods. I'll get the name. Expensive but only good parts of the tuna and fresh. Really good stuff.

I love fish but expensive to eat the fresh stuff.

G

GOTGrowth

Whats your preferred form of tuna? Albacore or chunk light? I prefer albacore I can eat that at almost every meal if I wanted to because its so similar to chicken. Its almost twice the cost as chunk light. Its worth it because it doesn't have such a strong tuna taste.

W

wulfman

2000 calories in one cup for Flax seed oil! Holy shit batman!

Yea when I read that I was like holy crap. But it is all fat calories and saturated fat. So I think they recommend 1-2 tablespoons a day. Definitely not more than that.

W

wulfman

Longer living fish usually have more mercury in them. Tuna steak has higher mercury than canned tuna though, which is pretty safe. I eat the oil based canned tuna right out of the can. I love it. I eat one - two cans a week. But I don't work out heavy and on a routine basis right now. I eat it for the omega-3 fatty acids. The omega-3 fatty acids of tuna help improve cardiovascular health