• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can bodybuilding Save Your Life?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
50 year old bodybuilder, David Prescott was diagnosed with liver cancer 4 years ago. He had tumors in his liver and intestines! He was in the hospital and lost 27 lbs and half his liver was removed! he also had 57 staples holding his body together. He said bodybuilding is what gave him the strength to fight through! in addition to the cancer he also had a heart attack!

Bodybuilder fights cancer

David Prescott:
Bodybuilding always gets a pretty raw deal and a lot of negative things follow the sport around.

For me, it has given me the fight, discipline, determination and the character to come out of that four year spell of major health issues wanting to be fit and healthy again.

Never be surprised with how much your body can soak up, and with a strong frame of mind what it can physically and mentally overcome.

Bodybuilder saved

David Prescott

People say if their story could inspire one person they would be happy. I couldn't think of anybody better to inspire than my own son.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice story but what caused the issues in the first place? Diet? Drugs?

W

wulfman

Well lifting and any form of exercise for that matter when done frequently releases endorphins. This helps the body feel good and also battle pain. So this is not a huge surprise to me at all. A lot of it is mental to of course.

LilAnn

LilAnn

It is a wonderful story! I couldn't imagine anyone not knowing bodybuilding can extend your life span tremendously

R

rz3300

Banned
Well anything that gives that personal motivation and personal strength certainly as the ability to save you. It would seem that bodybuilding really provide those for this guy, and I am very glad to hear that. I am sure that it does that for a lot of people out there, and people dedicate their lives to it so you would assume that they are motivated and destined to take it seriously and use it to benefit themselves. Very interesting to think about, and thanks for sharing.