• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Blood Pressure in body building

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just finished work out and took my blood pressure right after. My heart rate was still feeling high. Bp was 145 over 65. Is this high for right after work out?

What ate your guys bp?

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good question, Mine is usually around 115 or 120 above 165 but not after workout session. I never take it after work out.

What is your blood pressure normally?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good question, Mine is usually around 115 or 120 above 165 but not after workout session. I never take it after work out.

What is your blood pressure normally?
I think you meant over 65. lol

G

GOTGrowth

Is there a reason your BP would be higher? Changes to your diet, are you on cycle, stress, lack of sleep?

J

jozifp103

bp is always going to rise with your heart rate. It will be elevated during a workout so i'd say that's normal. A large coffee put me at 138/85 so i can imagine exercise would increase it further.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is there a reason your BP would be higher? Changes to your diet, are you on cycle, stress, lack of sleep?

I do have stress and lack of sleep and I had high blood pressure issues in the past but have managed to get it back to normal with out medication though I never take it after a work out. I do not know anything about it and was expecting the lower number to be high also.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
bp is always going to rise with your heart rate. It will be elevated during a workout so i'd say that's normal. A large coffee put me at 138/85 so i can imagine exercise would increase it further.
That's good to know. Thanks

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What is a healthy blood pressure rate supposed to be after a work out?

J

jozifp103

thats hard to say man. many variables. Depends how hard you exorcised, how fast your heart was beating, your resting bp, your water intake that day, your sodium intake that day, if you're on any substances, etc...i think resting bp is what you'd want to look at because it's more constant and is a better determinant of your health.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats hard to say man. many variables. Depends how hard you exorcised, how fast your heart was beating, your resting bp, your water intake that day, your sodium intake that day, if you're on any substances, etc...i think resting bp is what you'd want to look at because it's more constant and is a better determinant of your health.
I agree with that. BP fluctuates a great deal and you are right. Eating a salty meal, having caffeine, etc all can play a part. I was just surprised that the top number was so high with the low number being so low. I am not on any substances or medications of any kind and I only have 1 single cup of coffee every day. I drink at least a gallon of water a day, probably closer to 2. I think my bp is probably ok unless it was that high at rest.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with that. BP fluctuates a great deal and you are right. Eating a salty meal, having caffeine, etc all can play a part. I was just surprised that the top number was so high with the low number being so low. I am not on any substances or medications of any kind and I only have 1 single cup of coffee every day. I drink at least a gallon of water a day, probably closer to 2. I think my bp is probably ok unless it was that high at rest.
I don't think that rate is high. Don't worry.

W

wulfman

That is not that high to worry about. But I myself have never taken my blood pressure after a work out. Is it usually more ? And another question are there any precautions you should take when lifting if you do have high blood pressure ?

T

teamuscle

There are a lot of things that you can look at and things that you should be asking yourself is if you have been eating more sodium then normal. You have to take a closer look at your diet and see if it is something that may be coming from there. I really think though that because you are working out then you would expect your pressure to rise a bit but the truth is if you are really concerned then you should go and see a doctor just to be on the safe side.

JasonNorin

JasonNorin

I just finished work out and took my blood pressure right after. My heart rate was still feeling high. Bp was 145 over 65. Is this high for right after work out?

What ate your guys bp?

I believe it is normal after having to do some strenuous activities - especially if you normally experience high BP..

J

japanesewaterbottle

Yeah, it's absolutely normal to have a high blood pressure. After all, you just did a strenuous activity. Resting blood pressure is the more important marker.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What are your blood pressures?

J

japanesewaterbottle

My resting blood pressure is 110 over 75. I've never taken my blood pressure after a workout, though.

J

japanesewaterbottle

Thanks. On that note, what resting (or post-workout, if you have the information) blood pressure do you think is ideal? I know my blood pressure is in the healthy range, but I don't know if I should be doing more to get it lower or not.