• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Burning out during an intensive workout

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am having a hard time completing a full work out because I start to burn out near the end. What I mean by burn out is that I start to lose energy and shake. I try to push through but very hard.

I have been trying to slim down and go for a leaner body so my diet has changed. is this a dietary issue? Do I need more carbs or protein?

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You need more carbs if losing energy.

G

GOTGrowth

What do you eat before you workout and how long before you workout after you eat?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
What do you eat before you workout and how long before you workout after you eat?

This.

And how much do you workout? Under 1 hour? 2 hours?

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have skim milk or egg with a little grapefruit juice and a banana in the morning and usually the same for lunch. Supper i have chicken or Tuna or Turkey. I have been keeping the calories down to lean out but maybe I am not getting enough. I am not going for mass any more.

G

GOTGrowth

I have skim milk or egg with a little grapefruit juice and a banana in the morning and usually the same for lunch. Supper i have chicken or Tuna or Turkey. I have been keeping the calories down to lean out but maybe I am not getting enough. I am not going for mass any more.
How many calories is your meal before you work out? Protein/fat/carbs. How many complex carbs, how many simple carbs. How many calories a day are you getting in? You might not be getting enough calories in throughout the day or it could just be the meal before you work out doing it to you.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think he is counting calories and I agree he is probably not getting enough.

ArmStrong

ArmStrong

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, I am not counting calories.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How many calories is your meal before you work out? Protein/fat/carbs. How many complex carbs, how many simple carbs. How many calories a day are you getting in? You might not be getting enough calories in throughout the day or it could just be the meal before you work out doing it to you.
I agree.

If cutting calories he should at least add some before workout.

T

teamuscle

I like to balance the amount of carbs that I am eating before I work out. This was something that I was having a really hard time with too in the beginning because I would start out fine but then when I am coming to the close of my workout I would literally feel within my body like I was going to just past out but I would work through the feeling and just do what I had to do. Now I just ensure that I am eating the right things throughout the day so that I will have the energy to go hard in the gym.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff