• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bodybuilding and removing body hair!

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know it is not a topic of enjoyment for most.

The question is do you guys shave chest hair or only for competing?

I'm a pretty hairy guy unfortunately and I hate having to dream with it bit look so much better without the hair.

What so you guys do?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Touchy topic but as a guy with a hairy chest I have often wondered about this as well.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You'll look better shaved, at least I believe I do.

W

wulfman

Fortunately I don't have any back hair or huge amount of chest hair that I have to worry about shaving. I have a crew cut though because I sweat a lot when lifting.

T

teamuscle

I think that it looks better when it is shaved. I try to keep mine shaved and I have not had any problems with it. So in my mind I think that the best thing is to keep it as low as possible or take it all off. I do not think that you can go wrong with that.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some guys have hair all over though and shaving would be a real pita.

BruceBanner

BruceBanner

I don't shave my chest usually but I would if I was competing.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Use Nair. I have not used it on my chest yet, but it works wonderfully on my back. 7 minute wait after application and the hair wipes right off with a wet cloth.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
That stuff stinks so bad! Such a bad smell!

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That stuff stinks so bad! Such a bad smell!

It certainly does! I have a really bad sense of smell and even I can tell it is bad smelling, so it must be horrific. It works great, though. I have the wife smear it all over my back for me. Seven minutes later, I wife it off with a damp towel (that I rinse a lot) and presto, a smooth, hairless back! It lasts for a few weeks, too (at least for me). I then take a shower to remove anything I missed.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
butterfly1

butterfly1

You can get the hair lasered off, or you can get your chest waxed. You can also use some hair remove cream like Nair. You can also use an epilator. All of these options can be found at Amazon except for the laser hair removal. If you google laser hair removal and your city you will be able to find a local clinic that can remove your hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It all depends on what you want to have your body to look like. Some people love hairs while some don't fancy it at all, so it's a thing of preference that matters here.

Personally, I love hairs.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could try waxing, if you can tolerate the pain - this removes hair from the root, and it last 3 to 4 weeks, but you might want to visit a esthetician for best results.

C

Concentrix

I am a woman and of course, do not have chest hair so there is nothing to be shaved. But for you, if you are competing in a bodybuilding competition then perhaps it is better to shave your chest hair so you might show the beautiful muscular chest you have.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

Just find something that you wouldn't react to and would please you while using it. A razor can do before you find a cream that you like to use. I do not have chest hair sadly. I find them so romantic and I wouldn't shave them if I was a guy. That is what makes you a man and God had a purpose when he placed them there. Trimming them and making sure they aren't so long is a beginning due to hygiene.

A

Athanas

Imagine using a chemically formulated product on your chest for several years! The chest houses vital organs of the body such as the heart and the lungs, and therefore I think there could be some side effects associated with that. Shaving is the best option.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to admit that I am not a fan of bodybuilding but I watch contests that are shown in the cable sports channel. In the competition what gets my eyes is the shiny skin of the contestants and I don’t remember seeing a muscleman with hairy chest. Maybe I have not been watching too many body building contests but I think the hair will only obstruct the muscles of the body so it can interfere in the scoring.

L

lokielovesbunny

Its really important to have the shaved chest or body to show your muscles completely because the participants want to show the every details and tiny improvement of muscles in the show, hence sometime implying oil and other shine liquid foam of anything help them achieve their goal, its important in professional world,