• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

starting a better life and need help

preacherbob50

preacherbob50

To be perfectly frank, I need lot's of help. A year + ago I lost pretty much all of my muscle tone but have gotten most of it back and want to pack on more to it.
I do need to lose this gut though. I am 6'1" and weigh 237 which isn't terrible (I think) but while it appears I am getting quite a bit of muscle growth in my upper body I still can't seem to lose the hips and gut. I am able to tighten up my stomach muscles again almost like before my illness, but again...the gut is stubborn at 36".

Obviously, everyone looks for the quick fix, but whatever you guys suggest I am more than willing to do whatever it takes!

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lift weights at least 3 times a week. Muscle burns fat so if you keep a lot fat diet combined with weight training you will get rush of the gut. Get your heart rate up too.

Good to meet you.

Vickeree

Vickeree

Try doing cold thermogenesis whenever you can. It's good for fat loss and recovery. Basically just expose yourself to cold environment as often as possible. If you have access to a cold pool start small and try to immerse in it for as long as a total of 60 minutes. The cold forces your body to burn a lot more fat and calories in order to regulate your body temperature.

T

teamuscle

Just figure what you eat. Most of the time the way your body looks is 10% workouts and 90% of what you eat. There are many diets out there that you can try that will help you to get rid of that gut that you think that you cannot get rid of. Most of the time it is just the things that we are eating that are really holding us back and I think that if we can just make that simple change that we will be able to see the difference.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My advice for you is to hit the gym and be very committed to your workouts drills. Also, it's very important that you mind what you eat, how you eat and when you eat because your diet is a big part of your keeping fit and being healthy.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could look into eating plenty of soluble fiber to help with belly fat, these foods make you feel full, also eat a high protein diet and get some aerobic exercise as well. You could cut back on your carbs as well, and lift plenty of weights also.

H

Henrywrites

Banned
To be consistent in your training is the best way to do this. I have noticed that while the pains of training may still be still as we persist with our training drills, the reality is that the gains from it is always worth it. If possible, I will suggest that you double your training schedule everyday which means you have to train every morning and evening for a better result.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If your problem is your stubborn middle then my suggestion is to do more reps for the sit ups. It is difficult and painful at first but you have to be persevering in that part so that your tummy will develop good muscles that can hold the bulge in your middle. If you are doing 20 sit ups today then double it tomorrow and add 10 reps each day. It is also good if you can repeat the reps after 30 minutes.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Determination and patience is the key to lose weight or shed fats in a particular area in the body. It does not mean you lose a little is a sign of failure. It is actually progress, you just have to be patient. Continue working out and eventually you will attain your ideal body.

preacherbob50

preacherbob50

I started the thread way back in 2015 when I was indeed having a lot of trouble. My health was extremely bad. My arms were about the size of my wrists, my lungs and liver were pretty much shot, and other than having a huge gut I was a nearly 300 lb bag of bones. No muscle to speak of, just water and fat. I do not have any “before” pictures of me but I’m changing my avatar to a selfie I took about 6 months ago before a workout when the locker room was empty. Needless to say, I happier now than I was in 2015.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Welcome back Bob! Congratulations on your success!

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
In starting to have a better life is a great resolve. But it would take your courage, discipline and determination to in order to be successful and finish your race. I believe that 99% of hardwork and 1% inspiration is needed in this quest.