• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

War Film Recommendations

JasonNorin

JasonNorin

I got interested in watching War films recently. Any top 10s that you can recommend?

T

Tommy

Vietnam films are generally the best.
Id recomened Jarhead, platoon, full metal jacket, apocolipse now, hurt locker, born on the forth of july and the deer hunter.
If i think of any more il post again.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Saints and Soldiers.

T

Tommy

We were soldiers with Mel Gibson was pretty good to

G

GenevB

Have you watched The hurt locker? If not go and watch it and come back to tell me your opinion. Also Inglorious basterds and Saving private Ryan are good war movies.

F

Fozz

There are two documentaries on Netflix that were very well done. One was called Restrepo and the sequel is called Korengal. Both are set in Afghanistan.

P

PLP Rob

Oh, man. So many. Interestingly, two of my favorite war films were released in the same year (1998), and they could not be more different. The two films are SAVING PRIVATE RYAN and THE THIN RED LINE.

RYAN has the most heart-pounding opening sequence I've ever seen. Just absolutely unbelievable. I still remember sitting in the theater and my chest was heaving, I was breathing so hard. White-knuckle stuff, man. As for THE THIN RED LINE, it definitely has some battle sequences, but it's far more philosophical, quiet. Both films are three hours long, but both are worth the time. Rounding out my top five, in no particular order:

5. SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (WWII)
4. THE THIN RED LINE (WWII)
3. FULL METAL JACKET (Vietnam)
2. THE HURT LOCKER (Iraq)
1. GLORY (Civil War)

Actually, GLORY probably is my favorite film on this list. Absolutely incredible, with amazing performances by Denzel and Morgan Freeman. Not gonna lie. I got a little emotional. Haha. Enjoy!

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Thin red line is great. So is private Ryan but band of brothers is the top of my list great series

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
What about Fury (2014)?

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are some great Korean war movies too.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

rz3300

Banned
I would have to second the Band of Brothers. I know that it is not a movie, but that is even more the reason why I would recommend it. It is a great series, and every episode is like its own little movie so you just have more material to work with. If I had to go with a movie, though, I would say Saving Private Ryan is up there, but I would also go classic here and say Deer Hunter, or maybe if you want a lighter side of things Good Morning Vietnam. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.