• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sumo Deadlift Versus Regular Deadlift

Vickeree

Vickeree

Sumo Deadlift Versus Regular Deadlift

I've been lifting weights for a decent amount of time but I just recently discovered the all powerful deadlift. I used to be one of the upper body guys who only use the bench press and scared of the squats and deadlifts :sigh:. Which variation do you use?

T

teamuscle

Me I just do the regular deadlifts and it really takes a lot out of me. I think that the deadlift is one of the most grueling exercises that you could ever do. I mean it just challenges your body so much. I just do them regularly though I have never heard about the Sumo ones I will take a look and these and see what they are about and if I could get them into my work out.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not really much into lifting deadweight. It's not my thing but I do appreciate guys who are into it because it requires lots of strength and energy to pull it off. I just focus on light weight lifting combined with dumbells

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Sumo deadlift is a variation of the conventional deadlift adopted by powerlifters, and when the lifter's hands are inside their feet when they lift, this is Sumo. Whichever lifting style is more comfortable to the lifter, would be the best way.