• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Do you follow a particular diet plan?

• Thread starter japanesewaterbottle
  • Start date
J

japanesewaterbottle

I've heard of all sorts of diets. Some people even use Paleo for bodybuilding, although I've heard that it can get very expensive. Do you follow a specific diet plan?

J

japanesewaterbottle

The Paleo diet recommends that you avoid grains, because our ancestors did not eat grains for tens of thousands of years. It's based on the theory that humans haven't evolved enough to process grains. The recommended food is meat and vegetables, some fruit, some nuts, and no sugar.

G

GenevB

The only particular diet plan I follow is calories, as many as I can take. Because I'm bulking, I try to eat as many as possible. I eat balanced, about 30% protein, 30 fats and 40% carbohydrates, but I never keep counting them I only count calories since they are the big thing in nutrition. If you eat with 1000 calories a day more than you need, it will result in 2 pounds weight gain at the end of the week.

J

Jesse93

I follow a vegan diet. I can get all of the nutrients I need from plant based foods. Since going vegan, I've felt a lot healthier, more energetic, and overall just better mentally and physically. It's also a lot of fun to cook vegan and discover all of the substitutes for non-vegan food. There's also a ton of vegan protein powders and supplements out there that work really well.

T

teamuscle

I tend to follow a more alkaline diet as this will help your body a lot more in the long run. Sometimes I tend to follow a diet that is based on my goals that I am trying to achieve with my body. I like to eat more alkaline though because I have already begun to notice that there are some positive things that have been happening with my body since I have been following this type of diet. I think that I will stick with it for now and see where it goes.

butterfly1

butterfly1

I am currently looking for a new diet plan. I do vegetarian on some days, but, I currently need to get in more protein. I am taking a look at some options. I have heard that many people had success of the Paleo diet. I have never tried it though...

Z

zonemik

You can follow a diet plan but I don't think it is compulsory for any bodybuilder to follow. The only requirement should be healthy food with healthy carb distribution and you can do that by eating the food randomly

Fortachon

Fortachon

Not really, I have a high metabolism and therefore, I couldn't do that sort of thing, I eat as much as I can.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail

Banned
I don't usually follow a certain diet plan before but I started to when I learned the Military Diet. It was a 3 day diet plan wherein you will follow a meal plan to lose weight in just 3 days. Well I've tried it and I wasn't disappointed with the result since I lost some weight although not a lot but losing 4 pounds in just 3 days ain't bad at all :) I guess I'll be doing it again until I reach my target weight.

B

biege

Hey. I've tried that Paleolithic diet before and I could say that it's good, I even learn how to eat meats that are raw but the only problem is it's kind of not pocket friendly. :D