• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Aerobic vs Anaerobic training

Vickeree

Vickeree

I've read from the articles and books of Dr. Maffetone that building an aerobic base is essential for optimal health and can even improve your lifts and break plateaus. However he discourages any sort of anaerobic training while building the aerobic base phase as anaerobic training could potentially interfere with your aerobic base building.

I'm curious, what kind of aerobic activities do you do while strength training?
For people with the goal of building aerobic endurance, do you also do some sort of strength and hiit training?
Is it better to focus on training one energy system first or training them concurrently?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you are really confused about the best way to combine your workouts drills, it's the reason why gym houses exist, so do take time to get professional assistance in order to follow the right steps in getting your workout done well in the right manner to have good results.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aerobic exercise is light activity you can sustain over long periods of time, like jogging - Anaerobic activity is bursts of activity for short periods of time like sprinting, and these intense bursts are a faster way to target fat burning as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aerobic exercise is light activity you can sustain over long periods of time, like jogging - Anaerobic activity is bursts of activity for short periods of time like sprinting, and these intense bursts are a faster way to target fat burning as well.

I am ignorant of anaerobic and I thank you for the added knowledge. I guess anaerobic is used by fighters to give them the speed particularly in evading the shots of the opponent. Maybe the proverbial bicycle of a boxer inside the ring is achieved with intense anaerobic training.

G

GuestHu

Banned
It depends on your goal. If you target in enhancing endurance then do aerobic exercises but if you focus on muscle build up then do anaerobic activity. But if you focus both kinds of exercise then create a schedule that has both. You can do it alternately. However, aerobic exercises are found healthier because increasing heart rate enhance stamina, strengthen mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell which may boost happiness and helps the brain think better.