• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

GMO foods

butterfly1

butterfly1

I wanted to know if it is important that you eat organic foods. There is a lot of hype and controversy surrounding GMO foods and everyone preaching that organic is better. I would like to know what you all think. Is organic better. Do you go out of your way to buy organic?

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do when i can, yes i'll cave into fastfood, and sometimes something processed (cheap,on sale etc)
I did take 7 days off from eating organic, and was all out eating what's advertised on tv (what is non-organic) and fast food alone,
water intake was 50oz barely, (soda, tea, lemonade) then after that week, i went back to strict organic, gallon half of water daily intake. etc.
I felt way better, less plagued by lethargic-ness, laziness(?). but that's just my experience, it might not be the same for everyone.

KingArcher

KingArcher

While there's no real evidence if non-GMO and organic food really is better for you than other food, the placebo effect might play a huge role and make you feel better and healthier while eating healthy food.

Vickeree

Vickeree

I try to eat as organic as possible and choose real and whole foods over processed but I don't worry too much about it. Pro GMO people argues that non -GMO produce are just as bad as GMO because of the pesticides / herbicides they use in it which is less present in GMO since it's genetically modified already to resist pests

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
GMO vs non-GMO is not really a health issue, from what I have read. It is more of a "big business controlling all our food" issue. Personally, I want to see GMO food labeled with an ingredients list if they added genetics from one species into another species. If all they did was speed up selective breeding (which we have done for millennia) then I do not care. If they put fish DNA in my corn, I want that on the label.

C

coolyfrost

GMO foods get a very bad rep which they don't deserve. The problem is not with the fact that they are modified, it's what they are modified for. Good GMO crops are the ones which give a crop better nutritional value or make it easier to harvest a crop in a region where there is famine. The GMOs which most people think of are the ones that are a detriment to human health. Therefore, please do some research on a product to see if it is actually healthy or not and also do not fall for the "organic" labels. If you are eating something that is not organic, I would be worried as that probably means your diet consists of rocks and minerals.

C

cybrsage

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree. If a crop naturally produces a pesticide and they genetically altered it to make more of it, I have no problem with that either. That is just like selective breeding only much, much faster. Golden rice to help stave off blindness, please, yes, make a lot of that!

G

Goodman

I think thеy bоth gеt fаr mоrе disсussiоn thаn is wаrrаntеd in thе US. Thе fасt thаt wе саn hаvе prеfеrеnсеs fоr hоw fооd is grоwn mеаns wе hаvе plеnty... Pеоplе in оthеr situаtiоns (inсluding mаny in thе US) аrе still fосusеd оn thе hungеr gаp.
I think thе usе оf thе tеrms оvеr-simplifiеs а rеаlly соmplеx sеt оf сhоiсеs fаrms аnd соnsumеrs hаvе аnd mаrkеting hаs сrеаtеd а pеrсеptiоn thаt thе diffеrеnсеs аrе sоmеthing thаt is sоmеhоw rеflесtivе оf mоrаlity оr quаlity..... Whеn thаt pеrсеptiоn frеquеntly is sо оvеrsimplifiеd thаt thе pеоplе prоd using thе fооds аrе аt а lоss аs tо whаt соnsumеrs аrе tаlking аbоut.
Hаving bееn оn hundrеds if nоt thоusаnds оf fаrms, I think thе vаst mаjоrity оf оur fооd is prоduсеd with аn еyе оn wоrking with thе еnvirоnmеnt tо mаkе it pоssiblе tо fееd сurrеnt аnd futurе gеnеrаtiоns. Thе fооds аrе nutritiоnаlly thе sаmе. аnd mаny оf us mаkе bаd сhоiсеs bаsеd оn priоritizing соnvеniеnсе оr tаstе whеn wе shоuld rеmеmbеr fооd is fuеl fоr оur bоdiеs.

C

cardinals27

I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I would rather buy organic stuff but I don't think they will hurt.

R

rajuii

I don't know what is the science behind it but I think organic food are healthy. I don't know if some researches are done on this topic but many people claim that it is better than the processed foods. Personally, I think it is better.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff