• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Should I get a personal training course before training other bodybuilders?

C

CRodg

I'm a former professional bodybuilder who is now going into business for himself training and developing other bodybuilders.

I would like to canvass opinions on something:

As I have the knowledge of a professional bodybuilder, I am confident that I know how to train people properly and safely, so can I go ahead and start training clients straight away, or because I'm technically going to be a personal trainer, should I go on a personal training course first?

Will I be able to get fitness trainer limited liability insurance if I don't have a formal personal training certification?

Do you think my clients might want some kind of formal qualification before they hire me?

T

Tommy

I would suggest you do. I dont know if you need to get a licence or not to do it but i definatly think you should do a course just to brush up.
If your training somebody and they get hurt it will give you some wiggle room in case of a law suit

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You need all the help and assistance you can get. So, I would suggest that you do so and probably your clients will be impressed with your portfolio and keep being loyal to you.

Good luck.

H

Henrywrites

Banned
This is going to depend on the way the country that you are living in operates. For example, in Nigeria, you don't need a license per say for you to start training ofhsr body builders as having a gym is pretty enough. However, if the laws in your country is pretty tough on people that goes into such without proper identification, then it is pertinent that you go for a training course for smooth flow of activities at the place that you will be picking for the work.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Based in the standards here, I would advice that you secure a certification to work as a personal trainer. Even if you know how to train people it is best if you have the qualification on paper (certification) so that no one can question your ability. It is like a veteran boxer who can say that he knows the ins and outs of training so he can be a trainer. But not really.

G

GuestHu

Banned
Credibility and professionalism increase if you involve yourself in course training to become a bodybuilder trainer. People will trust and respect you more if they know that you are a certified trainer. And perhaps that personal trainer might give some helpful tips, beneficial in your future career. But it's okay if you are complacent with your skills of handling equipment and teaching others how to use them. Your big muscular body depicts your expertise in bodybuilding and enough evidence for your customer to put their trust on you to help them attain their ideal body like yours.