Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Question What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer and I am 13 I will be 14 in August 24 and that is me in the picture

    Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

     



    •   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

        

        
        Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors




  2. #2

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Perez View Post
    What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer and I am 13 I will be 14 in August 24 and that is me in the picture
    Running, sit ups, push ups, punching bag.. Running, running, running. You not only need strength but you need endurance and speed.


     


  3. #3

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Perez View Post
    What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer and I am 13 I will be 14 in August 24 and that is me in the picture
    Running, sit ups, push ups, punching bag.. Running, running, running. You not only need strength but you need endurance and speed.
    thank u


     


  4. #4
    MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Mountain-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Way up in the mountains
    Age
    42
    Height
    6
    Weight
    274
    Biceps
    20.4
    Chest
    54
    Waist
    29
    Posts
    734

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Perez View Post
    What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer and I am 13 I will be 14 in August 24 and that is me in the picture
    Running, sit ups, push ups, punching bag.. Running, running, running. You not only need strength but you need endurance and speed.
    100% agreed running is the key and sit-ups to streathing your core


    MBL.


  5. #5
    Mecca V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    265

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Well the good news is that you are young, and so you have plenty of time to figure it out. Since you are young, though, I would say you probably want to start with the basics and start working the overall muscle groups. Getting a good foundation or a base is always a good place to start, and you should plenty of opportunity to do so, and the earlier that you start the better off you are. Don't overwork yourself, though, and take it a little easy.


     


  6. #6

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    You are really young, and have much potential to do things right from the start, and I would highly recommend you stay on that track. Stay away from the drugs that enhance you because it's not fair, and don't ever feel pressured because of fans you may have. Sponsors surely won't care as long as you don't get busted.

    On the other hand, it really depends on what you want to do. If you are trying to build your chest, you need to have a well detailed plan outlined for chest development, and that goes for whatever other part of your body that you want to be developed. You definitely need to have lots of stamina as a boxer, but you don't need to over work yourself. Just find a routine that works, and stick to it.


     


  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    2

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Core is huge! More than that, the whole body working together is even more important. The type of exercises you are going to want to focus on are ones that work the whole body connection, and that means exercising with good structure.

    Always warm up and mobilize the joints!

    Cardio Activity:
    - jump rope
    - running
    - jumping jacks
    - high knees
    - burpees
    - agility ladder
    - squats
    - globe jumps
    - You get the idea, cardio activity... then take some time to loosen your joints by moving them in circles.

    Exercises:
    - V ups
    - V up holds
    - Sit ups
    - Medicine Ball Sit Ups
    - Medicine Russian Twists
    - Plank Extensions (while in push up position, reach the R hand out and the Left Leg out extended for 10 seconds, then switch)
    - Plank, rapid forearms to hands and back down.
    - Plank Walks / Ab Roller - While in downward dog position with butt up high and your legs locked, walk yourself out as far as you can - Hold for 10 seconds and walk yourself back in. Repeat
    - Squat Press with Medicine Ball
    - Lunge Twists with Medicine Ball
    - Medicine Ball Slams
    - Partner exercise: lay on ground, have partner stand over your head, grab their ankles for balance. Raise legs vertical, keeping them straight and together. Partner will throw your legs at random in any direction, you bring legs back quickly, repeat.
    - Push Ups (narrow, wide, shoulder)
    - Hard-style kettle bell swings

    Hope that helps! I teach boxing six times a week, and these are some examples of exercises that I have my clients do. Be sure to look up proper form before attempting anything. Good luck!


     


  8. #8
    Mecca V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    265

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyLake View Post
    Core is huge! More than that, the whole body working together is even more important. The type of exercises you are going to want to focus on are ones that work the whole body connection, and that means exercising with good structure.

    Always warm up and mobilize the joints!
    Well that is certainly a complete list, and I agree cardio is the main thing that you are going to want to emphasize. I am a little confused as to what the agility ladder is though, and I think I know what you are talking about, I just might have a different name for it. Either way, though, I like most of everything that you have on the list, and the fact that you say "my clients" makes me believe you have some good background and know your stuff. Thanks.


     


  9. #9

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    I've heard that as a boxer, you really cannot work out way too hard because it doesn't really help your purposes, however, yo ucan always work out until a certain level of difficulty to keep yourself strong and fit. Good luck.


     


  10. #10

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    I've heard that as a boxer, you really cannot work out way too hard because it doesn't really help your purposes, however, yo ucan always work out until a certain level of difficulty to keep yourself strong and fit. Good luck.


     


  11. #11
    Mecca V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    265

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortachon View Post
    I've heard that as a boxer, you really cannot work out way too hard because it doesn't really help your purposes, however, yo ucan always work out until a certain level of difficulty to keep yourself strong and fit. Good luck.
    That makes sense when you think about. It is more of a sport of strategy, and so you really want to be smart with your training over anything intensive or pure volume. I bet if you go and talk to some of the greats they would tell you similar things. Working on speed and agility and mental preparation probably far outweigh anything that you do do in the gym (no pun intended either).


     


  12. #12

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Of course, taking proper care of your body is a must when you're aboxer, especialy if you're a professional one, you don't really want to get your muscles messed up at all.


     


  13. #13

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    I have a female friend who is into boxing to lose weight. But her training is pretty much the same as the boxers, according to her. After the basic warmup, there is the heavy bag that is used to strengthen the punches. It is also a way of spending much energy and burning fats. For the serious boxer, the speed ball (or bag) is one way of training your hands for speed punching. And for the stamina, it is the running that you need to do. Boxing is just like any sport for fighting that you need stamina and speed aside from the skills, of course.


     


  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    78

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    As others have said, boxing is about endurance more than anything and if you can't go 12 rounds then you shouldn't get in to the ring in the first place to be honest. That might sound a bit harsh, but we aren't going to be able to knock everyone out withing a couple of rounds so we have to be fit enough to go the distance if needed.

    I've boxed at amateur level for a number of years when I was younger, and running and pounding the pavements day after day is the main ingredient for me, and probably always will be. Stamina is important because without that you won't be able to do all the rest to the required standard, so first of all get fit enough that you can dance around a ring for 12 rounds without getting out of breath, and then start with the strength and speed work.


     


  15. #15
    Mecca V.I.P.
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    118

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    You would have to work towards training and sharpening your punches and blows by use of a heavy punching bag. Get to make your blows heavy, one that can jolt someone off the ground. Do a lot of energy demanding activities like jogging kilometers, weight lifting, hundreds of pushups each day. Make sure to eat heavily at least twice a day. Eat necessary nutrients for tissue growth and muscle build.


     


  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Height
     
    Weight
     
    Biceps
     
    Chest
     
    Waist
     
    Posts
    78

    Re: What kind of workout can I do and how many should I do because I am a boxer

    Quote Originally Posted by pwarbi View Post
    As others have said, boxing is about endurance more than anything and if you can't go 12 rounds then you shouldn't get in to the ring in the first place to be honest. That might sound a bit harsh, but we aren't going to be able to knock everyone out withing a couple of rounds so we have to be fit enough to go the distance if needed.

    I've boxed at amateur level for a number of years when I was younger, and running and pounding the pavements day after day is the main ingredient for me, and probably always will be. Stamina is important because without that you won't be able to do all the rest to the required standard, so first of all get fit enough that you can dance around a ring for 12 rounds without getting out of breath, and then start with the strength and speed work.
    You are right of course, and nutrition is an important factor for a boxer but on this occasion I think it's probably best to just talk about the physical workouts needed, especially for a person that's so young. Once the training routine is sorted out and the body gets used to the new regime, then maybe look at the diet and work out what nutrients and calories you need, but that can only be done of course if you know how many calories you are using in the first place.


     




    • MuscleMecca Sponsors

      MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

        

        
         We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY






 

 

collapse Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
By agreeing to the above you are also agreeing to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Statement.