• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

No Discipline for Josh Hamilton

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
This one fuckin' kills me, bro. Hamilton is a stone cold junkie; let's not lose sight of that. He is an embarrassment to his sport, teammates, bosses, family and himself.

What message does this send? The faggot mainstream media talks about athletes who used steroids being role models gone wrong, but you can continue to relapse with crack cocaine and alcohol and be welcomed back as if you were the Navy SEAL who shot that savage bin Laden.

If you suspend guys for PEDs, then the so-called "recreational" drug users should get the same - if not more!

CHRISTIAN

CHRISTIAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those in charge of sports today are a joke. They pick and choose who to discipline.

CHRISTIAN

CHRISTIAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Angels owner claims guarantees in contract protect Angels against a relapse

R

rz3300

Banned
I actually tend to feel bad for this guy, and even though all of the mistakes are his there is just something about him that appeals to me. I know his story and I think that it is more in line with the story of a lot of people suffering from addictions out there, and I know from experience that alcohol is a particularly hard one to deal with, just given the fact that it is so entrenched in our culture and you see it everywhere. I am rooting for the guy but he needs to take time to battle his personal demons before he starts to focus on his career and his game.

C

chainheart

Always been a fan of Josh Hamilton since his minor-league day's at Louisville Slugger Field. Josh Hamilton played for my hometown team - the Louisville Bats. He played for them in 2007 then up to home team affiliate w/Reds. Hope he gets his lifel straightened out. At least he's no Johnny "FOOTBALL" Manziel.

Check out our "One of America's Top Baseball Stadiums" Louisville Slugger Field (the naming rights for the stadium were purchased by Hillerich & Bradsby makers of the famous Louisville Slugger - the factory and museum is a mile from stadium and worth visiting) AAA Louisville Bats - love that place. Always have my glove and we catch foul balls off the lefties.

R

rz3300

Banned
I think that more than anyone else I really feel bad for this guy. He has really not done himself any favors, but we all know that substance abuse can really take a toll, and he certainly has his issues. I hope that he can find what it is that he is looking for, and that means having a support system in place that is ready to help him. It should be interesting to follow, though, so thanks for sharing.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
I think that more than anyone else I really feel bad for this guy. He has really not done himself any favors, but we all know that substance abuse can really take a toll, and he certainly has his issues. I hope that he can find what it is that he is looking for, and that means having a support system in place that is ready to help him. It should be interesting to follow, though, so thanks for sharing.

Maybe I'm just a cold hearted prick, but I don't feel sorry for any drug addicts. It's not a disease and they did it to themselves. I'm a parent of two and take responsibility for shit that I do wrong and I hold my children to the same standard. Hamilton was a once in a lifetime type of talent when he was drafted first overall by Tampa Bay. He chose to be a piece of shit & become a crackhead. He stole from his grandmother (who took him in after he was thrown out by his wife, who was left with their young children) and used the money from her jewelry to buy crack.

Even when he was supposedly 'clean,' he kept getting caught in bars and fucked up again. The Texas Rangers celebrated with ginger ale after winning the World Series because of Hamilton. He has been an albatross to his family, multiple teams and even himself.

Look at Steve Howe (the pitcher, not Yes guitarist). The guy was suspended seven fuckin' times for cocaine and eventually died young from an overdose after the retired.

No excuses for these assholes in my book.

R

remnant

Banned
I am not quick to apportion blame because I have gone though the motions me alcohol cause for a couple me years. The journey starts with an innocent pastime before it becomes a rollercoaster to the abyss. Hope Hamilton will not stop running when passing through hell.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not quick to apportion blame because I have gone though the motions me alcohol abuse for a couple me years. The journey starts with an innocent pastime before it becomes a rollercoaster to the abyss. Hope Hamilton will not stop running when passing through hell.

R

rz3300

Banned
I would think that a rollercoaster is good way to put what someone has to go through. It is hard to imagine having all that on your plate and then still be a world class athlete and worth that much money.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff