• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My 2cents on juiced bodybuilding contests.

H

Howard

Let me be clear, I think personal steroid use should be perfectly LEGAL.
Sadly, I don't make or enforce the drug laws , so my opinions on steroids are a moot point.

I love seeing big , freaks compete on stage, and don't care how they got that way.
Competitive sport is all about performance and pushing the envelope to win.
If health was your main concern you wouldn't COMPETE , and try to beat others.

My problem with drugs is based 100% on the LEGAL aspects of 'roid use.
It amazes me to hear people declare that pros taking drugs is a personal choice.
Really?

To compete on a level playing field, an IFBB pro has to use a lot of illegal drugs.
Thus, the only choice is taking the drugs and compete or watch from the cheap seats.
The IFBB pro div, has 48, yup forty-eight, pages of rules on banned substances and drug testing.
Those rules are enforced by the IFBB between Feb 30th and the 12th of Never. :lol:

So, the IFBB covers it's proverbial ass and the fans get to see an enhanced pro bodybuilder compete.
The individual pro takes all the LEGAL risk here and they all assume it's business as usual.
Everyone winks and nods, until some pro gets busted or the DEA comes knocking on their door.
THEN, everyone runs for cover and sphincters tighten around the sport.

Training, dieting and genetic talent should be the main reason for success as a pro bodybuilder.
Being forced to break the current felony drug laws shouldn't be required. :(

If you think I'm crazy, simply answer the following in a direct, candid manner.
Can you be a success in pro bodybuilding without breaking the drug laws?

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Howard said:
\
If you think I'm crazy, simply answer the following in a direct, candid manner.
Can you be a success in pro bodybuilding without breaking the drug laws?
Absolutely not. Especially in today's mass monster style. Not only juice, but also HGH and insulin (I doubt many of these guys are dwarfs and/or diabetics).

H

Howard

So, doesn't that also imply that an aspiring pro must break the drug laws?

Sacrifice is needed to make it in any sport.
Breaking the law and risking jail time is NOT something any bodybuilder should be REQUIRED to do in order to succeed.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Howard said:
So, doesn't that also imply that an aspiring pro must break the drug laws?

Sacrifice is needed to make it in any sport.
Breaking the law and risking jail time is NOT something any bodybuilder should be REQUIRED to do in order to succeed.
From my seat, I believe that there is no way to get your pro card without juicing and doing so heavily (unless you have great genetics and can get away with limited cycles).

There are ways around breaking the law, such as going on TRT under a doctor's care.

So I suppose that you can NOT break the law, but have to use AAS if you have aspirations of making it.

H

Howard

C'mon Joe we both know the amount you get LEGALLY from an HRT script isn't going to help much.
Why not have everyone just admit, that MOST of the REQUIRED drug use to win elite BB contests is ILLEGAL?!

How many active pros are getting their drugs via completely legal means? ZERO

Why does the IFBB pro div still have 48 pgs of rules on banned drugs and testing? 100 % there to cover their ass LOL.

I think it's ludicrous that any aspiring pro BB has to risk breaking the current federal drug laws.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Howard said:
C'mon Joe we both know the amount you get LEGALLY from an HRT script isn't going to help much.
Why not have everyone just admit, that MOST of the REQUIRED drug use to win elite BB contests is ILLEGAL?!

How many active pros are getting their drugs via completely legal means? ZERO

Why does the IFBB pro div still have 48 pgs of rules on banned drugs and testing? 100 % there to cover their ass LOL.

I think it's ludicrous that any aspiring pro BB has to risk breaking the current federal drug laws.

The Wellness Centers like Biogenesis were "on the books" legal, but they were supplementing the amounts with shit that wasn't being put on paper. So the "patients" were giving off the impression that they were going about it the legal way.

But when it boils down to it, you're one hundred percent correct, Howard. There is no way to go about getting the amount of shit that one would need to be a pro BBer without some type of back door deal.

H

Howard

Thanks for the candid reply. Obviously, I don't think either one of us want personal steroid use to be illegal.
The reality is that the biggest freaks get the greatest rewards.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Howard said:
Thanks for the candid reply. Obviously, I don't think either one of us want personal steroid use to be illegal.
The reality is that the biggest freaks get the greatest rewards.
Certainly not and the fact that this country is sucking the marijuana dick while continuing to demonize steroids is laughable, but that's a different argument in itself. And the freaky size competitors will always have a place. I just think that it belongs in the industry on a different platform than the stage. Guys like Rich Piana have been able to carve out a nice section of the overall industry with popularity via social media and not by winning shows. I give Rich all the credit in the world for doing it HIS way and not having to deal with pleasing everyone but himself.

H

Howard

I don't get into or relate to the whole social media scene.
Contest winners should represent the best physiques.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Howard said:
I don't get into or relate to the whole social media scene.
Contest winners should represent the best physiques.
I have no choice but to be heavily involved with social media, as it is a great business tool. And the top IFBB pros should do the same, but a lot of them are very laid back and that is detrimental to gathering a large following on those platforms. People need to be outspoken and colorful to get an audience to keep tuning in.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
H

Howard

I can't stomach the rambling nonsense on most social media.
The sport of bodybuilding should feature and hype contest "match ups" just like MMA does.