• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Heavy duty training Vs Volume training

B

Bhav1992

Hi guys, I’m wondering if you could help me out with this. I’m wondering what type of training is better to build mass, heavy duty or high volume training with a moderate weight? I know that different people respond differently to different types of training, different exercises, different amount of set and reps etc, but as a natural bodybuilder, do you reckon it would be better to stick to the heavy duty training in order to build more mass?
I’ve tried both methods in the past and I tend to gain more mass with the heavy duty training, and I also know that the results differ if you’re on steroids or if you’re natural. From what I’ve heard (and seen), steroid users tend to train more for the pump, doing lots of sets with a high amount of repetitions and the majority of them are able to get huge gains in muscle mass. But being natural would high volume training just result in me becoming incredibly lean? Isn’t heavy duty training a better training method for a natural bodybuilder looking to gain more mass? Or as I’ve previously said, does it all vary from person to person?
Would love your input and expertise on this subject guys,

Thanks,

Bhav

H

Howard

I always made my best gains on the typical Heavy Duty type of workout.
I'd advise you check out Dorian Yates and his Blood and Guts style workouts , many are posted on youtube

I

irongame66

After 35 years of training, I (like many here) have probably tried every known routine.

So, in the end, I think I do sort of a mixture. I like Powerlifting style training, mixed with some volume/pumping exercises at the end.
Also I add in slow negatives (sort of like HIT) on some exercises. Try out some routines, which ever one's you enjoy the most, i say go with that one.
Just do it with intensity. Intensity + enjoyment, always worked for me.

N

Nut Sacks

Both! Try cycling your training like you would with drugs or diet! 5 to 6 weeks then change it up. Any routine will get stale, see what works, remember any routine is worthless unless you have proper "Bodybuilding" nutrition and enough rest.