• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Subscriptions Now Available

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
We have heard your request and delivered on it. I have been getting a lot of messages and e-mails asking me about subscriptions to our print magazine and we now have them available for only $25 for a full year (4 issues) and that includes FREE shipping.

To sign up, visit our SUBSCRIPTION page:

https://www.musclesportmag.com/subscribe/

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
$32 a year with FREE US shipping Ads

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I get Joe's magazine and it is awesome..

djtree

djtree

Hey Joe,

Love the MSM Youtube videos; I like the no-nonsense approach.

I'm thinking about subscribing to Muscle Sport Mag. With Flex on its way out, and MD's page count in a disappointing free fall, I need a new magazine to count on.

What's the page count on the MSM print version each month?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't want to speak for Joe but you can go look at the online versions and get an idea of page content. It's the best bodybuilding magazine right now.

djtree

djtree

Thanks brother,

I'm looking at an issue online right now. I'm just wondering what the page count of the print version is. There's 50 pages to the digital version. Is the print version the same content and page count as the digital version? Or is the print magazine a higher page count/more content? I'll probably still subscribe anyway (I love magazines. I'm a child of the 80's and no website will replace print for me); but I am wondering what I'll be paying for.

Edited to add: I went ahead an subscribed. I like what I see in the digital version. Still hoping for an answer about the page count of the print version though

LOL

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Thanks brother,

I'm looking at an issue online right now. I'm just wondering what the page count of the print version is. There's 50 pages to the digital version. Is the print version the same content and page count as the digital version? Or is the print magazine a higher page count/more content? I'll probably still subscribe anyway (I love magazines. I'm a child of the 80's and no website will replace print for me); but I am wondering what I'll be paying for.

Edited to add: I went ahead an subscribed. I like what I see in the digital version. Still hoping for an answer about the page count of the print version though

LOL

Thanks for your support. The print version is exactly the same as the digital one - page for page. Same page count; same ads, etc. Please let me know what you think of it when your first issue arrives. Some new orders went out today. When did you subscribe?

djtree

djtree

Thanks for the quick reply Joe!

I subscribed on 3/30/2018. Hopefully my order made the cut! I'm looking forward to it. Call it nostalgia; but nothing replaces the feeling of getting a print magazine in the mail.

(Seriously, I do appreciate the reply. I posted the same question on the forum of a different magazine; asking about their page count. Instead of answering my question, they deleted it. Glad I chose to subscribe to MSM! lol)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Thanks for the quick reply Joe!

I subscribed on 3/30/2018. Hopefully my order made the cut! I'm looking forward to it. Call it nostalgia; but nothing replaces the feeling of getting a print magazine in the mail.

(Seriously, I do appreciate the reply. I posted the same question on the forum of a different magazine; asking about their page count. Instead of answering my question, they deleted it. Glad I chose to subscribe to MSM! lol)

Pretty sure that went out so please let me know what you think of it once it arrives. And I'm sure that you're talking about my former employer Muscular Development, who is infamous for deleted, censoring & banning. "Rear Window" Harris is an abomination at running the forum, as well as everything else he does (especially videos in the laundry room, hence the Rear Window moniker I gave him).

Why would a magazine company shy away from a page count question? The answer is obvious - ads are down and that mean total page count has to go down. MuscleSport Mag's page count went down the last few issues & I will be as transparent as fuck saying why - many advertisers decided not to take out their ad again & they are not in favor of spending their money in a magazine platform. Our digital version gets very high views and I try to get that info across when pitching the ads.

I suppose that I can't blame the companies for not having faith in a magazine (digital or print) because of the market nowadays.

We've been trying to ficus on our video programming because of the way the market has turned.

- - - Updated - - -

joe the best
THX Big Hulk!

djtree

djtree

Pretty sure that went out so please let me know what you think of it once it arrives.

Hey Joe! I received my first issue already! Impressed by the quick customer service and replies on the boards!

I have written up a quick email with my feedback on the magazine and sent it to you at joe@musclesportmag.com

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
djtree

djtree

Hey Joe, I received your reply; and I also received my next issue! The Kat Secor cover. I emailed you a quick review of the latest issue. In case anyone has any doubt at all, mSm customer service is top notch and second to none!

You've definitely got a subscriber for life over here... what's it gonna take to convince you to make it a monthly publication? lol

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Joe, I received your reply; and I also received my next issue! The Kat Secor cover. I emailed you a quick review of the latest issue. In case anyone has any doubt at all, mSm customer service is top notch and second to none!

You've definitely got a subscriber for life over here... what's it gonna take to convince you to make it a monthly publication? lol
weekly

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I just got an issue as well! Thanks Joe! Can't wait to check it out!

djtree

djtree

For the benefit of anyone on the boards who may be considering subscribing to mSm; but may still be on the fence about it, I am pasting below my review of the most recent issue. I emailed this review exactly as it is to Joe directly; so don't think that I am blowing sunshine in public, with a different opinion off the boards. At any rate, it's my honest opinion:

Joe,

I received the Volume 9, Number 1/2018 issue (Kat Secor cover issue).

First of all, I want to reiterate how awesome it was to subscribe and then get an issue in the mail practically immediately. But then to have the fortunate timing to get another issue right away was a great feeling. I'm getting close to 40, so I am in that age group that always got excited checking the snail mail box every day to see what was coming in the mail. Especially as a kid:

"Is my MAD magazine here yet??"

"Dad, did the latest issue of Nintendo Power come today??"

"I wonder if I can get to the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue before mom throws it away..."

etc.

It's likely that a large part of the reason that I am still so partial to print magazines is because it keeps me feeling young; an echo of the excitement I had as a kid.

I gotta say, Muscle Sport Magazine fits the bill for bringing excitement back to the mailbox!

The cover is fantastic; I really liked the black and white distressed look. There's a grit and urgency that comes with the heavy contrast between light and shadow; and the metallic colored letters over top of the black and white photography makes an impact. You definitely made the right decision with the layout designers you're using.

Your Editor's Letter on page 4 was a nice shout out to your mSm Family brothers and sisters; I liked seeing that (even though I'm not sure I qualify as family just yet). Why don't you flesh out the Editor's Letter to a full page or two? I know you're a busy guy, and I think I've heard you on the shows saying that you don't want to make the magazine about you, but the Editor's Letter by definition is your spot to go off on your tangents LOL

This is only the second issue that I have experienced, but in both I think that it is a strong move that you chose to lead the charge with Lee Priest's article. It's like a fighter who gets jabbed in the face first thing when the opening bell rings; and suddenly his face lights up because he knows that he's got a good fight on his hands. That's the reader experience of getting the Lee Priest article up front.

Just as with the last issue, I must give credit to the grit and grime aspects of the artistic design of each page. My previous evaluation holds true again: The contrast and sharp edge gives a palatable feeling of excitement as we read. The images almost appear to be in motion; a frenetic effect of the image choice combined with color and contrast.

Even your advertisers seem to know their audience well enough to make edgier ads. Magick Muscle and Full Disclosure Nutrition in particular seem to have warmed up to the idea of having a tough skinned audience seeking entertainment to cater to (just a side note, you may want to approach Vigor Labs as a potential advertiser. They also have some edgier in-your-face advertising that would be a good fit. I'm not associated with that company in any way; I'm just always thinking of marketing).

I like the coverage of Super League; and Kat Secor made for an intriguing choice of ambassador to bring new knowledge of the fledgling federation to your readers. The feature about her participation in Super League (contrasted with participation in the IFBB) made for an interesting read. Plus, the inclusion of Jea Jung's analysis of game theory and "sport" vs "not a sport" added a further layer of meaning for the reader to unpack.

The "Travelin Fam" section with pictures of mSm family out and about is fantastic. I'm sure it gives readers a feeling of inclusion and participation that isn't present with other publications.

So, all in all it was another fantastic issue. And again, I don't give praise where it isn't due. You are simply publishing a magazine that is exciting to read and leaves the reader looking forward to the next issue.

I have to say this though: You present mSm as the last surviving hardcore bodybuilding magazine; but I don't know that I would classify it as a bodybuilding magazine in the sense of the genre that we've come to know it for decades.

Much like the now-defunct Planet Muscle and Bodybuilding, your publication eschews the usual training, diet, and science articles, and instead includes more pictorial and artistic imagery combined with editorial and opinion articles.

Nowhere in mSm are there macronutrient breakdowns or recipes; no set/rep range talk; no explanations of the effect of tuna piss on the mTor pathway...

In short, it's almost as if mSm is a little too much fun to be considered a bodybuilding magazine. One doesn't so much read an issue of mSm as one experiences it.

No one is in danger of learning how to build muscle or burn fat from reading mSm; but what we CAN expect from each issue is a taste of the experience of what life is like for those who ARE covered in slabs of muscle; or those who engage in extreme fitness endeavors.

For that reason, I would consider mSm almost an Alternative Lifestyle magazine; more so than a bodybuilding magazine. If it was on a magazine rack; where would you picture it being put? Would it be more at home wedged between Shape and Health? Or would it look more at home nestled beside the latest issue of Inked? I'm just saying...

At any rate Joe, it is my opinion that you have a phenomenal magazine, and you have a subscriber for life over here. Please never stop printing! The only thing that is missing from your magazine is page count. I truly wish it was more profitable to be in print, so that each quarter's magazine could be much larger; thereby prolonging the experience of each one.

Either way, I'll keep subscribing!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Joe is a great guy and a good friend both personally and to this site. He takes a hands on approach with his subscribers and it's an approach I don't think you can find with any other magazine anywhere. In addition the content is phenomenal!

Thanks for supporting Joe and MuscleSportMag and thanks for being here on musclemecca as well! We do appreciate it!

djtree

djtree

I think I'm Gonna order a couple of back issues...

Anyone with a subscription care to make any suggestions on which issues I should buy? ?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Joe's at his daughters college right now I believe but I'm sure he will pipe in when he gets back.

One of my favorite issues was a couple years back and it had Rich Piana on the cover. Special issue for me.

Thanks for posting and thanks subscribing to Joe's magazine!