• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Slip of the "Tongue," Ron Harris?

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Muscular Development senior writer Ron Harris may have let his emotions get the better of him in a post on MD's "No Bull" forum section. Recently, I had some issues with my former MD co-worker and Bostin Loyd had a little fun at Ron's expense on our Facebook post debate.

Quick backstory: Ron talked shit about me on MD (where I am banned for being a former employee) and used the term 'self-proclaimed journalist' to describe me. I took exception to this and called him out on it, adding that his writing couldn't stand up to mine whatsoever. Along with that, Ron speaks out of both sides of his mouth about Bostin - all nicey nice to him but throwing criticism at him on MD, where Bostin doesn't go.

Fast forward about a week and there's a thread on MD referring to the MuscleSport Mag article about Bostin switching from the NPC to NABBA due to the bullshit politics involved in the former. Here's is one of Ron's posts:

He has talked so much shit about the NPC, its judges, promoters, etc, that it would have been suicide for him to compete there ever again anyway.

This set off a few other members stating the obvious:

why would it be suicide? dont you get judges by your physique?

-and -

Did Ron just admit blackballing goes on in the NPC?

Forever the company man, Ron then did his best back peddling act with:

No, but if I personally was a judge and had 2 guys in front of me with different flaws that meant neither was really better or worse than the other - at least subconsciously if one of them was an asshole who had talked a lot of shit, I would place the other guy higher. I am not speaking on what the NPC judges do or do not do. My good friend Jose Raymond judges most of the local NPC shows in Boston and I know he is as fair and impartial as possible.

But the main thing is, why would anyone compete in an organization they had denounced? Wouldn't you feel unwelcome?

Nice try, Ron.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
My 'old pal' Ron has now been elevated to the online editor-in-chief position at the SS #WhyCutBack. That sinking ship MD has gone through a litany of folks at that same position since Robbie Durand quit and went to FLEX in 2012. Here they are with their respective (short) tenures:

*Sean Andros (2012) - left to work with NPC News Online
*Fat Adina (2013-2015) - fired by Blechy for supposedly not balancing the budget properly.
*David Baye (2016) - fired by Blechy for ?
*Ron Harris (2017-present) - reportedly given position to either wipe away or delay the reportedly high amount of pay ($100,000) owed to him.

I had many dealings with Adina and found her to be a total cunt. We were equals at MD/FitnessRX, but she incorrectly thought that she was my boss. I was actually higher in the pecking order than her, being in-house, at all staff and editorial meetings and listed on the MD masthead as Contributing Editor, none of which she could state. Thankfully, Belchman's wife Elise (who I got along great with and felt that she should have taken over from that poor excuse of a husband and businessman Steve) put Adina in her place and stressed to her that she was not in fact my superior. Adina should have never been given that position, as she had zero experience in the field and was just a 'fan girl' forum member. That was proven time and time again until Blechy finally had to can her.

Baye was in the same boat (just a fan boy forum member), but from what I saw and heard (I was already gone by the time he was given the stick), he made a noble attempt at doing a good job but was handcuffed by the Blech. I can concur with that.

So that brings us to Harris, the most overrated writer in the bodybuilding industry. Just because he meets deadline and can bang out garbage piece after garbage piece does not make him a talented journalist, nor an editor and team leader, for that matter. He publicly admitted to me in a Facebook post that he had no idea about the difference between writing in the first, second or third person or when it would be proper to utilize each in a column and/or article. That is pitiful, especially coming from someone who people consider a legitimate writer.