• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Recipes of cheap and healthy foods?

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't usually do this, but I am in a pretty rough period of my life and I don't have too much money. However, I wouldn't want to get fat(ter) just because the junk food is a cheaper option, because I lose weight extremely hard.

This is why I ask for some help: what are you favorite low cost foods? What's the average cost per portion?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't usually do this, but I am in a pretty rough period of my life and I don't have too much money. However, I wouldn't want to get fat(ter) just because the junk food is a cheaper option, because I lose weight extremely hard.

This is why I ask for some help: what are you favorite low cost foods? What's the average cost per portion?
I've been there man.. Hard to eat really healthy with low money.

I would spend on white rice and chicken and if you have anything left grab all the green vegetables you can afford.

KingArcher

KingArcher

While it's definitely hard, it's do-able. You can eat healthy and stay healthy while on a budget. Chicken breast, rice, lentils, veggies, milk, oats and you're good to go. Add in some fruit every now and then and there's your low-cash food.

Z

zonemik

Well, it is not that there are no food product available for cheap price. Actually, there are many cheap foods aaibale in the market. Be sure to consume the cheap green vegetables if you want to maintain a healthy weight.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can cut your food costs by eating and preparing more meals at home, and you can eat pretty healthy from your local supermarket- these would include foods like whole grains, vegetables and beans. Also some of the dollar stores(Dollar Tree) have a pound of brown rice for a dollar and check out some whole-wheat pasta at the supermarket as well.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

When I was young and single right out of college I would make a big batch of chicken potato salad all you need is a whole chicken several pounds of potatoes, mayo, pickles, onions, salt, sugar, pepper and cheese, you can also add other veggies like carrots, beets, green beans. Then I'll eat it as sandwich filling for a week. It's healthy, cheap and I only have to prepare it once and it's for the whole week already. Also Google "Struggle Meals" or search in youtube.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is one of my original recipes that I invented when I was assigned work in London. I call it roasted chicken in tomato. Red tomatoes serve as the marinade plus a dash of salt. Roast it in the oven for 1 hour with 30 minutes on both sides and that's it. You can add potatoes in the oven as a side dish or in substitute for rice.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I'll share to you what my mom used to do when we are on a tight budget. What she does is go to the supermarket to buy some chicken (around $2-$3). Then cook it ADOBO style. For the recipe, all you need to have is some soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, a little pepper and that's it. Here's a YouTube link for better reference: