• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Prison workout

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Be creative here. Can you come up with a good bodybuilding workout with no weights? Nothing but a bucket full of water with a handle and a rope.

I need this for a friend of mine who is locked up.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Push ups, sit ups, squats would be doable in the joint.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bucket full of water and a rope? Harsh.

Vickeree

Vickeree

You can work your way to a one arm push ups, pistols, one arm chin ups by focusing on strength ( low reps and progressing to harder variations instead of reps)

111kg

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1) one leg squats;
2) one leg push ups;
3) slow tempo crunches;
4) push ups with the legs raised;
5) hand stand push ups;

Should be enough :) I highly doubt prisoners are allowed to have ropes in their cells.

Vickeree

Vickeree

I've actually finished a training program called convict conditioning designed for people who wants to workout anywhere even in a prison. 6 basic exercises, push up, pull up, leg raise, squat handstand push up and bridge. I've worked my way to all the master level ( one arm push up, pistol squat, one arm chin up, v raises to hip pull overs and standing bridge and back to standing, however one arm handstand push up seems impossible, or it could probably take me 5 or more years of training to be able to achieve that.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great information. If I ever go to prison I'll be good. My friend will use this!

Vickeree

Vickeree

I need to add something important tho... when doing body weight exercises, don't focus on the number of reps but on the progression instead. Instead of doing 50 push ups, work on getting 1 good rep of one arm push up instead or an easier progression, like 1 arm push up in an iinclined position. I was doing more than 30 strict pull ups before but I couldn't do 1 rep of 1 arm chin up until I focused my training on doing the harder progressions with very low reps ( max of 5 reps per set with lots of rest in between). If your goal is hypertrohpy then add more volume to your work out ( more sets but still low reps)

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think prison is already designed for workout programs because there are lots of gym tools available within the prison yard. Just tell your friend whenever you visit him to take part in the gym within the prison or workout in his cell.

H

Henrywrites

Banned
There are a lot of exercises that one can do without weights. In the past before I registered at the gym, I was looking at how I can be able to keep fit inspite of the limitations that I was having then, so doing some reps of push-ups, wall push-ups and planking really helped me. This is something that you have to suggest to your friend that is staying in the prison since they don't have weights in there.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had been to a forum for prisoners and I remember the common workout they do inside the prison cell is the push up. Do as many as you can and make it more creative by doing push up with just one hand or doing the push up with the clapping of your hands (this is tricky because you can fall on the ground face down. Just take note that the push up develops the triceps so you can develop the biceps by pull up or lifting anything heavy while you lay on the floor.